Community Education & Recreation offers fitness & aquatic classes, as well as learning & wellness opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens.
• Community use of Fitness Center
• Hall Walking information
• Preschool Playgroups
• Complete Fall 2019 Course Listings
• 2019-20 Fantastic Fridays Registration Form
• 2019-20 Child Care Registration Form
• Online registration
: This option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Printable registration form
: Mail to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
What is offered?
View online descriptions of all of our current general, fitness, aquatic and youth & family courses.
View or print a copy of our current course guide. Copies also may be found at locations throughout the community.
Upcoming classes and events include:
- In the Kitchen & Apothecary: Mushrooms for Optimal Health & Healing will address how to prepare mushrooms for nourishment and healing. Samples will be provided, and participants will leave with a mushroom tonic made in class. Class will meet with instructor Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday Nov. 25 at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave. Fee is $34 until Nov. 15 (then $44), which includes recipes and all supplies.
- Free Film - “Bohemian Rhapsody”: This PG-13 bio-pic tells the story of the legendary rock band Queen and lead singer Freddie Mercury, leading up to their famous performance at Live Aid (1985).The movie will begin at 6 p.m. Monday Nov. 25 in the Acuity Auditorium at Plymouth High School, 125 S. Highland Ave. Park in front of the building and enter the main lobby using Door 1.
- Felted Clutch: Participants in this new class will learn about wet felting while making a one-of-a-kind clutch bag large enough to fit a cell phone and a few other items. Class will cover the resist, wool preparation and layout, and the wet felting and fulling process. Class will meet with instructor Deb Denzer of Terra Sol Gardens from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday Dec. 7 (with a 45-minute break for lunch on your own) in the Food Science & Agriculture Center at Plymouth High School, 125 S. Highland Ave. Fee is $66 until Nov. 22, then $76.
- Family Swims: One more Family Swim will be offered from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday Dec. 14 in the PHS pool; fee is $7 per family each time. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Participants should bring their own towels. One lap lane will be available.
- Pilates: Build strength and flexibility in the legs, abs, arms, hips and back. Breathing techniques bring more oxygen to muscles and relieve stress. Class meets with Amy Butters from 6 to 6:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays (except Nov. 26 and 28); fee is $35 (seniors $28).
- POUND: This cardio jam session uses lightly weighted drumsticks called Ripstix to increase heart rate, strengthen muscles and challenge balance. Class meets with Erin Balas from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Thursdays (except Nov. 28); fee is $29 (seniors $23).
- Vinyasa Yoga: This class is geared toward the intermediate yogi and will focus on Vinyasa flow, linking together one breath, one movement. It offers an active practice that strengthens the core, while improving balance and flexibility. Some yoga experience is required, but instructor Kim Jasso will suggest alternative poses. Class meets from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays at the Plymouth Youth Center; fee is $59 (seniors $47).
- Aqua Fitness: This low- to medium-paced, shallow-depth workout focuses on flexibility, range of motion, muscle toning and stress relief. It is perfect for those who are older, overweight, pregnant or new to exercise, and those with arthritis, fibromyalgia or other health concerns. Class meets with Beth Kerntke from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 17 (except Nov. 26 and 28); any 10 classes $38 (seniors $30).
- 20/20: Twenty minutes of high-powered and motivational shallow aerobics followed by 20 minutes of ab work. Your feet will be off the floor for long periods of time and you’ll use equipment. Class meets with Beth Kerntke from 8:15 to 9 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Dec. 11 (except Nov. 25 and 27); any 10 classes $38 (seniors $30).
- In The Deep: This motivational class uses water resistance for a great workout. You must be comfortable in deep water. You can use noodles or cuffs. Class meets with Beth Kerntke from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 11 (except Nov. 26 and 28); any 10 classes $38 (seniors $30).
- Water Walking: This self-paced, self-directed class in shallow water is perfect for those with limited mobility. Just walk at your own pace! Held at the same time as In the Deep, so help is nearby. Class meets from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Dec. 11 (except Nov. 25 and 27); any 10 classes $23 (seniors $18).
- Lap Swim: Take in the benefits of regular exercise with low-impact Lap Swim. Offered from 8:15 to 9:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 17 (except Nov. 26 and 28) for $25 (seniors $20); from 6 to 7 a.m. Fridays through Dec. 13 (except Nov. 29) for $15 (seniors $12); from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 21 (except Nov. 9, 30; Dec. 7) for $15 (seniors $12); or unlimited swims for $35 (seniors $28).
How do I register?
PLEASE NOTE: We are in temporary locations until our new space in the PHS addition is ready.
In-person registration is not available at this time.
Register online: By registering online you can pay with a credit card and get immediate confirmation of enrollment. No more service charge!
Print a registration form: Mail it to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Email us at email@example.com.
• Call us at (920) 892-5068.
• Sign up for our e-newsletter,
which is sent each month and when registration opens for each session.
• Follow us on Facebook.