Community Education & Recreation offers fitness & aquatic classes, as well as learning & wellness opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens.
• Fall 2019 Course Listings
• Online registration
: This option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Printable registration form
: Mail to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
What is offered?
View online descriptions of all of our current general, fitness, aquatic and youth & family courses.
View or print a copy of our current course guide. Copies also may be found at locations throughout the community.
Upcoming classes and events include:
- Hiking Club: Enjoy the Kettle Moraine Forest and other trails in our area for a weekly group hike. Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 31 at various locations; there is no fee, but you must register at least two days in advance and you will need a state park sticker.
- Friday Playgroup: Kids of all ages can get the wiggles out at this parent-supervised group. A brief activity is provided, along with time for free play. Playgroup will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays through Dec. 13 (except Nov. 29) at City Park in September and October and in the Plymouth Youth Center in November and December; fee is $14 per family, to cover activity supplies.
- Around Our Town - Plymouth Fire Station: Adult community members are invited to join Fire Chief Denis Fellows on a tour of the Plymouth Fire Department, which provides fire, rescue, emergency medical, and all other emergency services to both the city and town of Plymouth. The tour will begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday Sept. 18. There is no fee, but you must register in advance because space is limited.
- Lap Swim: Take in the benefits of regular exercise at Lap Swims offered during the following times:
- From 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturdays from Sept. 21 to Dec. 21 (except Sept. 28; Nov. 9 and 30; Dec. 7); fee is $25 (seniors $20) until Sept. 20.
- From 8:15 to 9:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 1 to Dec. 17 (except Oct. 3; Nov. 26 and 28); fee is $47 (seniors $37) until Sept. 20.
- From 6 to 7 a.m. Fridays from Oct. 4 to Dec. 13 (except Nov. 29); fee is $25 (seniors $20) until Sept. 20.
- Unlimited swims: $60 (seniors $48) until Sept. 20
- Scuba: Those ages 10 and up can try Scuba in the safety of the Plymouth High School pool. All equipment, supervision and pool time included. Class will meet with instructors from Port Deco Divers from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday Sept. 21; fee is $36 (seniors* $28) until Sept. 6, then $46. An identical class will be offered Saturday Oct. 26.
- 20/20: This class features 20 minutes of high-powered and motivational shallow aerobics followed by 20 minutes of ab work. Your feet will be off the floor for long periods of time and you’ll use equipment. Class will meet from 8:15 to 9 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from Sept. 30 to Dec. 11 (except Nov. 25 and 27); fee is $70 (seniors $56) for 20 classes or $38 (seniors $30) for 10 until Sept. 20.
- In The Deep: This motivational class uses water resistance for a great workout. You must be comfortable in deep water. You can use noodles or cuffs. Class will meet from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from Sept. 30 to Dec. 11 (except Nov. 25 and 27); fee is $70 (seniors $56) for 20 classes or $38 (seniors $30) for 10 until Sept. 20.
- Water Walking: This self-paced, self-directed opportunity in shallow water is perfect for those with limited mobility. It is held at the same time as In the Deep, so help is nearby. Water Walking will meet from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from Sept. 30 to Dec. 11 (except Nov. 25 and 27); fee is $42 (seniors $33) for 20 classes or $23 (seniors $18) for 10 until Sept. 20.
- Daytime Deep: This class is held in conjunction with Daytime Aqua (which is full), so participants can follow that workout or do their own. Floats or noodles are recommended as participants must be in the deep water. Lap swimming the width of the pool is also an option. Class will meet from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays from Oct. 1 to Dec. 13 (except Nov. 26 and 29); fee is $42 (seniors $33) for 20 classes, or $23 (seniors $18) for 10 until Sept. 20.
- Aqua Fitness: This low- to medium-paced, shallow-depth workout focuses on flexibility, range of motion, muscle toning and stress relief. It is perfect for those who are older, overweight, pregnant or new to exercise, and those with arthritis, fibromyalgia or other health concerns. Class will meet from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 1 to Dec. 17 (except Oct. 3; Nov. 26 and 28); fee is $70 (seniors $56) for 20 classes or $38 (seniors $30) for 10 until Sept. 20.
- Mural Masterpieces: Kids in grades 2 through 6 will have fun, be artistic and be part of a creative team as they create a large theme-based mural for the school. Participants also will make a smaller artwork to take home. Class will meet with Field Lehmann, elementary art teacher, from 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays from Oct. 2 to Nov. 20 at Horizon Elementary School, 411 S. Highland Ave.; fee is $25 until Sept. 20, then $35.
- Adult Woodworking: New participants will work closely with instructor Ralph Gunkel to learn the concepts and tools of the trade, while completing personal projects big or small. Returning or experienced woodworkers may use the facilities independently and receive assistance when necessary. Class will meet from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays from Oct. 2 to Nov. 13 at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.; fee is $72 ($57 for district residents ages 62 and above and for Generations members) until Sept. 20, then $82 (plus the cost of materials for projects).
How do I register?
PLEASE NOTE: We are in temporary locations until our new space in the PHS addition is ready.
In-person registration is not available at this time.
Register online: By registering online you can pay with a credit card and get immediate confirmation of enrollment. No more service charge!
Print a registration form: Mail it to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Call us at (920) 892-5068.
• Sign up for our e-newsletter,
which is sent each month and when registration opens for each session.
• Follow us on Facebook.
LTC classes at PHS
Lakeshore Technical College offers many classes for community members in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at Plymouth High School, located at 125 Highland Ave. Classes meet from 6 to 9 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Windows 10: Students will learn how to find their way around this operating system, start menu, desktop, and system settings. The course demonstrates how to customize settings, manage files, and create documents using WordPad. There will be discussion on how to protect files and update Windows 10. Students may bring a Windows 10 laptop to class. Class #65143 will meet Mondays from Sept. 30 to Oct. 7; fee is $24.98.
- Welding Basics and Beyond: The course includes general shop safety and an introduction to oxygen/fuel gas supply systems, the oxy/fuel cutting process, plasma cutting, basic cutting and finishing equipment, and the Gas Metal Arc-Welding system. Class #65145 will meet Wednesdays from Oct. 2 to Dec. 4; fee is $162.38.
- How To Use Your iPad: Now that you have an iPad, do you know how to use it? Find out how to set up an iTunes account, how to purchase Apps, and how to customize features. Class #65147 will meet Mondays from Oct. 21 to 28; fee is $24.98.
- Digital Photography with Your Smart Device: Learn not only how to take a photo with your phone or tablet, but also what you can do with your photos after you have taken them. Topics will include how to view, delete, edit, and share photos, as well as how to create and order photo projects and the various digital photography apps available for your smart device. Class #65148 will meet Mondays from Nov. 4 to 11; fee is $24.98.
• To register, call (888) 468-6582, Ext. 1366 or visit gotoltc.edu/Community-Education.
• View the complete listing of LTC Community Education Classes online.