Community Education & Recreation offers popular fitness & aquatic classes, as well as learning & wellness opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens.
• View or download the complete September-December 2018 Course Listings
• View or download the Fall 2018 guide to LTC enrichment classes
• Online registration
: this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Printable registration form
to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
What is offered?
Upcoming classes include:
- Friday Playgroup: Kids of all ages can get the wiggles out at this parent-supervised group that will meet at City Park while the weather is wonderful and move indoors when it turns chilly. A brief activity will be provided, along with time for free play. Space is limited indoors, so be sure to register. Playgroup will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. the first, second and third Fridays of the month through Dec. 21 at the Plymouth Youth Center; fee is $10/family.
- Artisan Sourdough Bread: Participants will sample a variety of loaves, while learning the art of bread-making. Each person will leave with two loaves at various stages in the bread-making process, a starter of sourdough, and step-by-step instructions. Class will meet with instructor Kate Pearce from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday Nov. 15 (date changed from Nov. 8) at Plymouth High School; fee is $35 until Nov. 2, then $45. Bring a large mixing bowl for dough transport, two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans, ingredients to flavor the loaves (raisins, cinnamon, flax seeds, cheese, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.), and an apron (optional).
- Holiday Cheese Making: Whether you want to make cheese for a cheese tray or offer it as a unique gift, this new class will inspire you to get creative with your cheese-making by adding herbs and other condiments. Participants will sample cheese and take home cheese made in class. Class will meet with Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday Nov. 27 at Plymouth High School; fee is $35 until Nov. 16, then $45.
Herbal Gift Making: Participants will create approximately 10 herbal gifts, including lip balm, felted soap, herbal condiments, herbal salts, lotion bar, dream pillow, herbal tea blend, and herbal massage oil. Class will meet with instructor Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5 at Plymouth High School. Fee is $50 ($40 for district residents ages 62 and above, and for Generations members) until Nov. 23, then $60; all supplies and decorative packaging are included.
View online descriptions of all of our current general, fitness, aquatic and youth & family courses.
View or print a copy of our current course guide. Copies also may be found at locations throughout the community.
How do I register?
Register online: By registering online you can pay with a credit card and get immediate confirmation of enrollment. No more service charge!
Print a registration form: Mail or bring it to our office in Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Call us at (920) 892-5068.
• Stop by our office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Sign up for our e-newsletter,
which is sent each month and when registration opens for each session.
• Follow us on Facebook.
What about Winter/Spring 2019?
We are hard at work on our Winter/Spring Course Listings! Look for a copy:
• In the Dec. 7 Friday Folders
• Online at www.plymouth.k12.wi.us beginning Dec. 10
• In the Dec. 11/12 Plymouth Review/Xtra
• At locations throughout the community
Registration opens at 9 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 13.
LTC classes at PHS
Lakeshore Technical College offers a number of classes in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at Plymouth High School.
Upcoming gardening classes, which meet from 6 to 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted, include:
- Planning for Spring: Stay warm as the cooler months approach by keeping your spring garden in mind. A few crucial steps now to complete now that will make spring gardening easier. Participants will create a plan that includes current plants and incorporates new plants. Class 65377 will meet Monday, Nov. 19; fee is $17.92 ($4.50 for those age 62 and up).
- Square-Foot Gardening: No time to garden? No space? Try raised bed gardening. One or two simple 4-foot square beds can provide food and cut flowers all season. Participants will learn how to grow vegetables and plants in a little space, saving money on seeds. Class 65376 will meet Monday, Dec. 3; fee is $17.92 ($4.50 for those age 62 and up).
• To register, call LTC at (888) 468-6582.
• View or download a complete Fall 2018 guide to LTC personal enrichment classes.