Community Education & Recreation offers popular fitness & aquatic classes, as well as learning & wellness opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens.
• Summer 2019 Course Listings
• Online registration
: this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Printable registration form
to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
What is offered?
Upcoming classes and events include:
- Friday Playgroup: All ages are invited to enjoy our parks and commune with nature, other parents and children at this parent-supervised free play. Each week will feature a brief activity. Playgroup meets from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays through Aug. 16 (except July 5) at rotating parks; $10/family to cover activity supplies.
- Community Gardening: This new opportunity will meet as a group twice a month at different school gardens to learn about innovative gardening tools and techniques, and possibly harvest produce to take home. Ages 12 and up welcome with an adult. Class will meet with Laura Grunwald, district garden coordinator, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month through Aug. 21 at rotating gardens; $5/person or $8/family.
- Baby Steps: This new class for caregivers with children in strollers offers a chance to connect with others while walking for about 30 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of strengthening/stretching exercises using strollers for resistance. Older kids with wagons, big wheels, tricycles, etc., are welcome. Class will meet with Carly Lenz, director of wellness, from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Thursdays through Aug. 15 (except July 4) at various locations; $5 per family.
- Walkers Club: Walk the neighborhoods and trails of Sheboygan County with a group. Two groups of walkers: fast paced and slower paced. Plan for 2 to 3 miles each meeting. Club meets with instructors Josette Svitter and Katie Schuenemann at 6:30 p.m. Mondays through Aug. 26 at various locations; $10 (seniors $8).
- Hiking Club: Enjoy the Kettle Moraine Forest and other trails in our area for a weekly group hike. Club meets at 5:30 p.m. most Thursdays through Aug. 15 at various locations; no fee, but please register at least 2 days in advance.
- Adventure Ropes Course: Students ages 10 and younger can explore the Rock Wall and Low Ropes. Students ages 11 and up can participate on all of the elements. Climbs are set for July 22, 23, 29 and 30, and Aug. 6, 7, 13 and 14. All climbs are from 9 a.m. to noon on the PHS Ropes Course. Fee is $160 for all climbs, $88 for any 4 climbs, or $28 for individual climbs. Registration is due the week before each climb to ensure the proper participant-staff ratio.
View online descriptions of all of our current general, fitness, aquatic and youth & family courses.
View or print a copy of our current course guide. Copies also may be found at locations throughout the community.
Also check out these other summer options:
• Summer child care, for age 6 weeks through entering 5th grade
• Safety Town, for those entering 5K
• Fantastic Fridays, for students 5K through 8th grade
How do I register?
Register online: By registering online you can pay with a credit card and get immediate confirmation of enrollment. No more service charge!
Print a registration form: Mail or bring it to our office in Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Call us at (920) 892-5068.
• Stop by our office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Sign up for our e-newsletter,
which is sent each month and when registration opens for each session.
• Follow us on Facebook.