About Community Education & Recreation
We provide learning and wellness opportunities for people of all ages.
What is Community Education?
Community Education is a centered process in a community that attempts to balance and coordinate available resources which fulfill basic life-long human needs. It enables local residents to help themselves solve their own problems and help create their own opportunities for personal and collective growth.
Many people think of Community Education merely as the classes offered at the school, for adults, after the close of the regular school day. While this is an important part of it, Community Education is actually much more than this.
Who do we help?
We provide services, activities and programs for:
- Toddlers and preschoolers
- School-age children
- Senior citizens
We work with many community organizations:
- Child care before and after school and during summers
- Youth programs
- Lifelong learning
- Fitness and recreation opportunities
- Nutrition and wellness opportunities
- School-business partnerships
- Community engagement
- Plymouth Community Television - TV14
- Plymouth Education Foundation
- PHS Booster Clubs
- City of Plymouth
- Plymouth Public Library
- Plymouth Police Department
- Family Resource Center
- Generations Intergenerational Center
- Plymouth Arts Center
- Plymouth Chamber of Commerce
- Plymouth Junior Football
- Plymouth Area Basketball Association
- Plymouth Youth Athletic Association
- Plymouth Soccer Club
- Plymouth Area Wrestling Club