Community Education & Recreation offers popular fitness & aquatic classes, as well as learning & wellness opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens.
• View or download the complete January-April 2018 Course Listings
• View or download the complete May-August 2018 Course Listings
• Online registration
: this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Youth summer athletic camp registration form
• Squiggles & Wiggles Summer Preschool registration form
• Summer 2018 and 2018-19 School Year Child Care registration form
• Printable registration form
to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
What is offered?
Upcoming classes include:
- Babysitting Clinic will teach those ages 10 and up to be better babysitters. A certificate will be issued to all who complete the class, which will meet with instructor Denise Roth from 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 17 and Wednesday, April 18 in the library at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Circle. Fee is $25 until April 6, then $35.
- Make Delicious Cheese Curds at Home: The final part of our Home Creamery Series, this class will introduce participants to the cheese-making process and teach them to transform milk into delicious morsels. Each participant will leave with a sample of cheese curds made in class, recipes, and the confidence to make cheese curds at home. Class will meet with Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, April 23 at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave. The fee is $36 until April 13 (then $46), which includes all supplies.
- Tumbling/Gymnastics mini-session: Children ages 3 and up can try floor work, tumble track, balance beam and parallel bars in a shorter 4-week format. Classes will meet with YMCA instructors on Friday evenings from April 27 to May 18 at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Circle. A few spots remain in the 4 p.m. preschool (ages 3-5) class, and in the beginner (ages 5-7) classes at 5:45 and 6:30 p.m. Fee is $20 until April 13, then $30.
- Kayaking: A great recreational activity for those ages 6 and up. Class will meet with instructors Andrew Arentsen and Adrienne Barrett from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays from May 7 to 21 on the Mullet River, plus an outing on Gerber Lake from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 19. Fee is $30 ($24 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up) until April 27, then $40; fee includes use of kayaks (weight limit 250), paddles and life preservers.
- Hiking Club: This new group will explore Kettle Moraine trails and others in our area. Two or three hikes will be offered at various times weekly through this collaboration involving Community Ed & Rec, Ecology Outfitters and Generations. Those interested should contact Community Ed & Rec for a survey about your ability and availability. Hikes will begin the week of May 7. There is no fee, but registration is required by April 27 and you will need a State Park Pass to access many of the trails.
- Community Conversation: Aging Parents; A speaker from Aurora Health Care will address how to navigate the process of caring for aging parents before a crisis develops. Topics to be covered include understanding emotions, communications, normal vs not normal aging, when to intervene, creating a care plan, making sense of services, financing the options, getting assistance, ADRC resources, advance care planning, estate planning, and medical assistance. This two-part Community Conversation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays May 2 and 9 in the PHS Library. There is no fee, but you must pre-register by Friday, April 27.
View online descriptions of all of our current general, fitness, aquatic and youth & family courses.
View or print a copy of our current course guide. Copies also may be found at locations throughout the community.
How do I register?
Register online: By registering online you can pay with a credit card and get immediate confirmation of enrollment. No more service charge!
Print a registration form: Mail or bring it to our office in Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Email us at email@example.com.
• Call us at (920) 892-5068.
• Stop by our office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Sign up for our e-newsletter,
which is sent each month and when registration opens for each session.
• Follow us on Facebook.
LTC classes at PHS
Lakeshore Technical College offers a number of classes in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at Plymouth High School.
Upcoming classes, which meet from 6 to 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted, include:
- Workplace Spanish: Educators and others will learn basic Spanish to communicate with Spanish-speaking students, customers, or co-workers. This course teaches basic vocabulary and conversational phrases to use in a workplace setting. Students will practice pronunciation and learn minimal grammatical structures to aide in the understanding of the Spanish language. Class 25595 will meet Tuesdays from May 8 to 22; fee is $77.55 (seniors $44.50).
• To register, call LTC at (888) 468-6582.
• View or download a complete guide to LTC personal enrichment classes this winter/spring.