Posted October 8, 2021
Updated October 11, 2021
Plymouth High School held its 2021 Homecoming on Oct. 8, featuring a parade through downtown and a football game against Ripon.
Friday’s events included:
- A two-part afternoon assembly that featured:
- Alumni Hall of Fame induction of Ed Brinkman of the Class of 1959 and the late David Peters of the Class of 2001 and announcement of the Homecoming Court, chosen by the student body from representatives of each student activity or club, in the auditorium.
- Pep rally games, including tug-of-war, table surfing, lip sync contest, and musical chairs. Watch the replay at http://bit.ly/PHSvideos.
- Annual PHS Homecoming Parade through downtown, featuring student teams and organizations as well as community entries. A special thanks to Van Horn for loaning pickup trucks so court members, Hall of Fame inductees, and other dignitaries could ride in the parade.
- Brat fry at the Finke Field concession stand, sponsored by the PHS Soccer Booster Club.
- Homecoming football game against Ripon, which the Panthers won 48-13.
The school celebrated Homecoming Week from Oct. 3 to 9 with a variety of events, including:
- Boys Volleyball Tournament and Girls Kickball Tournament on Oct. 3.
- Penny War for the Plymouth Education Foundation, which raised $2,715.73 for the grants program.
- Themed dress-up days, with Florida Day on Monday, Texas Day on Tuesday, California Day on Wednesday, Utah Day on Thursday, and Hometown Panther Pride on Friday.
- A Door-Decorating Contest, won by Mrs. Wiese’s Panther Time class.
- Homecoming Dance on Saturday in the PHS multi-purpose facility.
• Visit the PHS Homecoming webpage for more information about the week’s activities.
• Visit the PHS Alumni webpage to learn more about the PHS Alumni Hall of Fame.
• Explore the Community Engagement section of our award-winning District Report Card to learn more about the connections between our schools and our community.
Homecoming activities: Click the image to access a photo gallery.