Panther Accolades: Hi-Lights
Posted May 18, 2020
Congratulations to these Plymouth High School students on their recent recognitions!
PHS newspaper wins 20 awards
The Plymouth High School student newspaper, Hi-Lights, recently was awarded the Red Ribbon in the publication division by the Northeast Wisconsin Scholastic Press Association.
This is the highest award given this year to a newspaper produced in class at a medium-sized school. The following individuals also won a total of 19 awards:
- Allie Gereau: 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Illustration
- Carolyn Britt: 1st and 2nd for Editorial Cartoons; 4th for Feature Story - News Based
- Samaira Lomibao: 1st for Feature Story – Entertaining
- Ali Limberg: 2nd for Editorial; 3rd for Feature Story - News Based
- Tori Robinson: 2nd for Feature Story – Entertaining
- Lukas Sternard: 2nd for Feature Story – Sports
- Madelaine Brix: 2nd for Review
- Elissa Spatt: 3rd for News Story – General; 3rd for News Story - Academic/Class Related
- Alex Fosser: 4th for Editorial
- Evan Meyer & Tony Fellows: 5th for Editorial
- Levi Nemitz: honorable mention for News Story - Academic/Class Related
- Merel Hollants: honorable mention for Feature Story – Entertaining
- Aude Brinkmann-Hornbogen: honorable mention for Editorial
• Explore our award-winning District Report Card to learn more about how our exciting mix of academics, extracurriculars and other enriching experiences allow students to truly thrive while preparing themselves to become their best in any path they choose after graduation.