Posted February 10, 2020
Updated February 15, 2020
Plymouth High School athletic teams are competing in the WIAA playoffs. You can follow them here!
Boys Swim & Dive
The Panthers finished 5th as a team at the Division 2 sectional they hosted Feb. 14-15. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 1 mtr Diving: 4th Alec Nicholson 390.75
- 200 Yard Medley Relay: 3rd Plymouth team of Alex Oty, Ansel Olsen, Jack Steinhardt, Forest Olsen, 1:42.81
- 200 Yard Freestyle: 10th Jakob Gruttner 2:00.32; 11th Levi Nemitz 2:01.10; 12th Noah Scudella 2:01.52
- 200 Yard IM: 9th Alex Oty 2:14.90; 10th Eddie McConnaha 2:15.19
- 50 Yard Freestyle: 12th Matt Morris 24.45
- 100 Yard Butterfly: 9th Levi Nemitz 1:02.59
- 100 Yard Freestyle: 2nd Forest Olsen 49.70; 4th Jack Steinhardt 50.17; 14th Ben Coley 54.25
- 500 Yard Freestyle: 9th Eddie McConnaha 5:29.72; 10th Jakob Gruttner 5:31.38
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay: 1st Plymouth team of Ansel Olsen, Ben Coley, Forest Olsen, Jack Steinhardt 1:30.79
- 100 Yard Backstroke: 5th Alex Oty 1:01.00; 7th Ben Coley 1:02.55
- 100 Yard Breaststroke: 10th Ansel Olsen 1:04.42; 18th Noah Scudella 1:13.55
- 400 Yard Freestyle Relay: 2nd Plymouth team of Jakob Gruttner, Forest Olsen, Ansel Olsen, Jack Steinhardt 3:22.52
The Division 2 Boys Swimming & Diving State Meet will be Feb. 21 in Madison.
The Panthers took 3rd as a team at the Division 2 regional Feb. 15 at Kiel. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 106 pounds: Jack Miller (27-10) placed 1st
- 113 pounds: Brooke Schuenemann (22-11) placed 4th
- 120 pounds: Devin Gore (26-8) placed 2nd
- 126 pounds: Kade Novak (18-8) placed 4th
- 132 pounds: Cameron Fohr (6-6) placed 4th
- 138 pounds: Andrew Steinhardt (28-14) placed 2nd
- 145 pounds: Jaden Papenfus (19-22) placed 3rd
- 152 pounds: Phil Miller (6-18) placed 5th
- 220 pounds: Alonzo Spindler (11-13) placed 2nd
- 285 pounds: Evan Ladwig (33-9) placed 1st
Team sectionals are Feb. 18 at North Fond du Lac, and individual sectionals are Feb. 22 at Lomira. The State Individual Tournament will be Feb. 27-29, and the State Team Tournament will be March 6-7, both in Madison.
Several PHS students are part of the 8th-seeded Sheboygan South co-op team, which hosts the 9th-seeded West Bend West co-op team for a Division 1 regional at 7pm Tuesday Feb. 18 at Lakers Ice Center in Sheboygan. The winner travels to 1st-seeded Notre Dame for the regional final Feb. 20 or 21. Sectionals begin Feb. 25, with sectional finals Feb. 28 in Fond du Lac. The Boys Hockey State Tournament is March 5-7 in Madison.
Regionals will be Tuesday Feb. 25 and Friday Feb. 28, with the regional final Saturday Feb. 29. Sectionals are March 5 at Beaver Dam, with the sectional final March 7 at Ashwaubenon. The Division 2 Girls Basketball State Tournament will be March 13-14 in Green Bay.
Regionals will be Tuesday March 3 and Friday March 6, with the regional final Saturday March 7. Sectionals will be March 12 at Port Washington, with the sectional final March 14 at West Bend East. The Division 2 Boys Basketball State Tournament will be March 20-21 in Madison.
• Explore the Extracurriculars section of our District Report Card
to learn more about our history of success in athletics.