Posted February 3, 2020
Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a new fitness class for those with little kids, a Winter Dance Clinic for students, and a new Maple Syrup 101 Sampler.
Baby Boot Camp is for caregivers with children up to age 3. Adults will focus on increasing heart rate and building strength using their own body weight and the added weight of their little one. A wearable baby carrier is optional, especially for children under 6 months old. Participants must be cleared for exercise by a doctor. Class will meet with instructor Carly Lenz, wellness coordinator, from 3 to 3:45 p.m. Thursdays from Feb. 20 to May 21 (except March 12 and 26) in the PHS Studio; fee is $7 per family.
In addition, register by Friday Feb. 7 and save $10 on the following opportunities, which will be offered at Plymouth High School, 125 S. Highland Ave.:
- Winter Dance Clinic: The PHS Dance Team will teach boys and girls in 4K through eighth grade a routine to perform during halftime of the PHS varsity boys basketball game Friday Feb. 21. Participants should be dropped off at 3:30 p.m. that afternoon in the PHS Cafeteria; fee is $35 until Feb. 7 (then $45), which includes a T-shirt, pizza, and two tickets to the game.
- Maple Syrup 101 Sampler: Learn the storied history behind maple syrup and understand how to get started at home with your maple trees: tools, equipment and tips. Get hands-on cooking experiences with maple syrup in salad dressings, barbecue sauce, and maple butter along with a dessert, followed by sampling. Go home with a pint of locally produced maple syrup. Class will meet with instructor Kate Pearce, registered nurse and nutrition specialist, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday Feb. 20; fee is $29 until Feb. 7, then $39.
• Register online
; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form
to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 S. Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Call (920) 892-5068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit the new Community Ed & Rec office on the south end of Plymouth High School. Park in the new lot in front of the addition and enter Door 18. The office is open from 8 a.m. until at least 4 p.m. weekdays, but you will need to press the intercom button to request admittance until 3 p.m.
• Download or view a pdf of the complete Winter/Spring 2020 Course Listings
• Visit our Facebook page
, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.