Posted October 7, 2019
Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a new fermentation class, plus Artisan Sourdough Breads, and another chance to try scuba.
Register by Oct. 11 and save $10 on the following classes, which will meet at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.:
- Fermentation – Delicious Natural Bubbling Beverages: Fermented beverages are easy to make and provide delicious, healthy options to commercial soda. Participants will taste samples of shrub, switchel, and other soda alternatives and take home a culture and a beverage prepared in class. Class will meet with Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday Oct. 21; fee is $34 until Oct. 11, then $44.
- Artisan Sourdough Breads: Participants will sample a variety of loaves while learning the art of bread-making and leave with two loaves at various stages in the bread-making process, a starter of sourdough, and step-by-step instructions. Cream will be turned into fresh butter, which will be flavored in a variety of ways to complement the loaves. Class will meet with instructor Kate Pearce, registered nurse and nutrition specialist, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday Oct. 24; fee is $37 until Oct. 11, then $47.
- Scuba: Those ages 10 and up can try scuba in the safety of the PHS pool, with all equipment, supervision and pool time included. Class will meet with instructors from Port Deco Divers from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday Oct. 26; fee is $36 ($28 for district residents ages 62 and up and for Generations members) until Oct. 11, then $46.
Please note: Community Ed & Rec has moved into its new office in the addition on the south end of PHS! The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Of course, you still can register online or by mail at any time.
• Register online to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail with payment to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com, or visit the new Community Ed & Rec office on the south end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• View or download the complete Community Ed & Rec Fall 2019 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.