Posted September 3, 2019
Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering several recreation opportunities, Friday Playgroup, and an Around Our Town tour of the fire station in September.
Upcoming opportunities include:
- Friday Playgroup: Kids of all ages can get the wiggles out at this parent-supervised group. A brief activity is provided, along with time for free play. Playgroup will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays from Sept. 6 to Dec. 13 (except Nov. 29) at City Park in September and October and in the Plymouth Youth Center in November and December; fee is $14 per family, to cover activity supplies.
- Baby Steps: Adults connect with each other while pushing a stroller for about 45 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of strengthening/stretching exercises using the stroller for resistance. Class will meet with Carly Lenz, Director of Wellness, from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays from Sept. 10 to Oct. 22 at various locations; fee is $5 per family.
- Walkers Club: Walk area neighborhoods with either a fast-paced or a slower-paced group. Plan for 2-3 miles each meeting. Club meets with instructors Josette Svitter & Katie Schuenemann at 5:50 p.m. Wednesdays from Sept. 11 to Oct. 30 at various locations; fee is $10 (seniors* $8).
- Hiking Club: Enjoy the Kettle Moraine Forest and other trails in our area for a weekly group hike. Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays from Sept. 5 to Oct. 31 at various locations; there is no fee, but you must register at least two days in advance and you will need a state park sticker.
- Scuba: Those ages 10 and up can try Scuba in the safety of the Plymouth High School pool. All equipment, supervision and pool time included. Class will meet with instructors from Port Deco Divers from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday Sept. 21; fee is $36 (seniors* $28) until Sept. 6, then $46. An identical class will be offered Saturday Oct. 26.
- Around Our Town - Plymouth Fire Station: Adult community members are invited to join Fire Chief Denis Fellows on a tour of the Plymouth Fire Department, which provides fire, rescue, emergency medical, and all other emergency services to both the city and town of Plymouth. The tour will begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday Sept. 18. There is no fee, but you must register in advance because space is limited.
*Senior rate available to district residents ages 62 and above and to Generations members of all ages.
• Register online to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail with payment to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Community Ed & Rec Fall 2019 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Email email@example.com or call (920) 892-5068.