Posted February 11, 2019
Updated February 12, 2019
Updated February 14, 2019
Updated February 16, 2019
Plymouth High School athletic teams are competing in the WIAA playoffs. You can follow them here!
Boys swimming & diving
The Panthers took 15th as a team at the Division 2 Boys Swimming & Diving State Meet Feb. 15 in Madison. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 1-Meter Diving: 5th Charlie Aschenbach 377.30; 7th Alec Nicholson 358.40
- 200-Yard IM: 11th Christian Pieper 2:04.17
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay: 12th Plymouth team of Jack Steinhardt, Jack Gumieny, Derek Holec, Christian Pieper 3:26.84
- 100-Yard Breaststroke: 13th Christian Pieper 34.14
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: 13th Plymouth team of Jack Steinhardt, Keegan Gafney, Derek Holec, Dawson Smith 1:32.72
- 200-Yard Medley Relay: 16th Plymouth team of Derek Holec, Christian Pieper, Jack Steinhardt, Dawson Smith 1:44.98
Earlier, the Panthers took 3rd as a team at sectionals Feb. 8-9 in Ashwaubenon. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 100-Yard Backstroke: 3rd Derek Holec 59.56; 8th Keegan Gafney 1:03.05; 9th Alex Oty 1:03.41
- 200-Yard Medley Relay: 3rd Plymouth team of Derek Holec, Christian Pieper, Jack Steinhardt, Dawson Smith 1:43.67*
- 200-Yard IM: 4th Christian Pieper 2:02.53*; 15th Alex Oty 2:22.45
- 1-Meter Diving: 5th Alec Nicholson 356.90*; 7th Charlie Aschenbach 353.50*
- 100-Yard Breaststroke: 5th Christian Pieper 1:03.28*; 7th Ansel Olson 1:07.40
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: 5th Plymouth team of Jack Steinhardt, Keegan Gafney, Derek Holec, Dawson Smith 1:33.33*
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay: 5th Plymouth team of Jack Steinhardt, Jack Gumieny, Derek Holec, Christian Pieper 3:26.33*
- 50-Yard Freestyle: 6th Dawson Smith 23.26; 9th Keegan Gafney 24.02; 12th Jack Gumieny 24.29
- 100-Yard Butterfly: 6th Jack Steinhardt 59.59; 7th Levi Nemitz 1:03.72
- 200-Yard Freestyle: 8th Charlie Waitkus 1:57.02; 13th Levi Nemitz 2:03.31
- 500-Yard Freestyle: 9th Charlie Waitkus 5:31.87
- 100-Yard Freestyle: 10th Jack Gumieny 52.82
* State qualifier
Several PHS students are part of the 8th-seeded Sheboygan South Co-op team, which lost to 9th-seeded Waupun 2-1 in a regional Feb. 12 in Sheboygan.
The Panthers took 3rd as a team at the Division 1 regional Feb. 9 at Manitowoc Lincoln. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 106: Jack Miller (31-6) placed 2nd*
- 113: D`evin Gore (36-1) placed 2nd*
- 120: Kade Novak (15-11) placed 5th
- 126: Andrew Steinhardt (21-14) placed 3rd*
- 132: Cameron Fohr (10-25) placed 6th
- 138: Jaden Papenfus (9-22) placed 4th*
- 145: Will Birkholz (27-9) placed 2nd*
- 152: Joe Mertes (14-17) placed 6th
- 160: Josh Koll (28-9) placed 2nd*
- 170: Eli Sanborn (9-9) placed 5th
- 285: Evan Ladwig (8-6) placed 2nd*
* Advances to sectionals
Individual sectionals are Saturday, Feb. 16 at Hartford Union. The State Individual Tournament will be Feb. 21-23 in Madison.
No. 9-seeded Plymouth travels to 8th-seeded West Bend East for a regional at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19. The winner advances to visit 1st-seeded Beaver Dam at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22, with the regional final Saturday, Feb. 23. Sectionals will be Feb. 28 at Milwaukee Vincent and March 2 in Kaukauna. The Division 2 Girls Basketball State Tournament will be March 8-9 in Green Bay.
Regionals will be Tuesday, Feb. 26 and Friday, March 1, with the regional final Saturday, March 2. Sectionals will be March 7 at Port Washington, with the sectional final March 9 at Watertown. The Division 2 Boys Basketball State Tournament will be March 15-16 in Madison.
• Explore the Extracurriculars section of our District Report Card to learn more about our history of success in athletics.