Posted November 26, 2018
The Plymouth School District Board of Education met at 7 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018 in the Plymouth High School Amphitheatre.
Pillars of Excellence
Plymouth High School world languages teacher Laura Koebel and PHS students Ian Thiesenhusen, Claire Mulder and Azure Maki presented information regarding the Global Navigator Study Abroad Program. This opportunity was made available to our students as a result of being awarded Global Navigator Scholarships from the Council on International Educational Exchange.
Learn more: Read an article about the Global Navigators.
The board learned of the following support staff changes:
- Kenneth Keeling has resigned as a custodian at Riverview Middle School. He served the district for 2 years.
- Sompaktra Kolste has resigned as a server/cook at Plymouth High School.
- Teresa Bullin has been hired as an education assistant at Fairview Elementary School.
The board gratefully accepted the following donations:
- $2,500 from the PHS Boys Soccer Booster Club for soccer barrier installation
- $1,064.91 from Fairview PTO
- $371.25 from Parkview PTK
- $10 from Blair Seibert
In other matters, the board:
- Selected Sally Isely as its delegate to the Wisconsin Association of School Boards 2019 Annual Meeting on Jan. 23. The delegate or alternate will vote on proposed resolutions on behalf of the School Board.
- Approved the first reading of NEOLA Policies 27.2, a collection of recommended updates to existing policies. Final action is expected at the December board meeting.
Summary prepared by Jamie Piontkowski, district coordinator of community communications