Posted September 4, 2018
Recognizing the serious benefits of play, the Plymouth School District and its community partners facilitate several playgroups for young children and their parents.
These playgroups offer fun opportunities for children to participate in age-appropriate activities that stimulate learning, develop motor skills, and encourage social interaction.
The following playgroups are available:
- Friday Playgroup offers a brief organized activity for kids of all ages and time for parent-supervised play. Friday Playgroup will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. the first, second and third Fridays from Sept. 7 through Dec. 21 initially at City Park, then at the Youth Center once the weather changes. Register with Community Education & Recreation at www.plymouth.k12.wi.us/COM.html or 892-5068; fee is $10/family.
- Little Naturalists, also coordinated by Community Ed & Rec, lets little ones explore, discover and connect to nature. Little Naturalists, which is free and requires no registration, meets from 10 to 11 a.m. on the fourth Fridays from Sept. 28 to Oct. 26 at Meyer Nature Park and also the fourth Wednesdays from September through May (except December and March) at Generations.
- Little Learners is a free opportunity for children ages 2½ through 4 with their caregivers to play age-appropriate games, enjoy music and movement, and hear stories under the guidance of Ginger Boldt, an early childhood teacher. This is a joint venture of the Plymouth School District and the Family Resource Center. Little Learners will meet from 10 to 11 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays beginning Sept. 19 at the Generations building, 1500 Douglas Drive. Register with Mrs. Boldt at email@example.com or 892-2225 x3512.
- Little Movers is another free opportunity for ages 2½ through 4 and offers fun activities that promote strength, endurance, body spatial awareness, balance and coordination, facilitated by a physical therapist. This is a joint venture of the Family Resource Center and Rehab Resources. Little Movers will meet from 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month beginning Sept. 12 at the Generations building. Register at 892-6706 or www.familyresourcesheboygan.org/classes.php.
• Register online for Friday Playgroup.
• Register online for Little Movers.
• View or download a flier with this information.
• To learn more about Friday Playgroup or Little Naturalists, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (920) 892-5068, or visit the Community Ed & Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• To learn more about Little Learners, contact Mrs. Boldt at email@example.com or 892-2225 x3512.
• To learn more about Little Movers, contact the Family Resource Center at 892-6706.