Posted September 4, 2018
Lakeshore Technical College is offering several lifestyle and leisure classes at Plymouth High School this fall.
The following classes will meet from 6 to 9 p.m. in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at the school, located at 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- Workplace Spanish: Those who need to communicate with Spanish-speaking students, customers, or co-workers will learn basic vocabulary and conversational phrases. Students will practice pronunciation and learn minimal grammatical structures to aid in understanding the Spanish language. Class 64503 will meet Tuesdays from Sept. 11 to 25; fee is $78.05 ($44.50 for those age 62 and up).
- Welding Basics and Beyond: The course includes general shop safety, introduction to oxygen/fuel gas supply systems, the oxy/fuel cutting process, plasma cutting, basic cutting and finishing equipment, and the GMAW (Gas Metal Arc-Welding) system, equipment and process. Class 65368 will meet Wednesdays from Sept. 26 to Dec. 5; fee is $152.65 (seniors $52).
- Digital Photography with Your Smart Device: Learn not only how to take a photo with your phone or tablet, but also what you can do with your photos after you have taken them. Topics include how to take, view, delete, edit and share photos, as well as how to create photo projects and how to use various digital photography apps. Class 65378 will meet Mondays from Oct. 1 to 8; fee is $24.63 (seniors $4.50).
- ServSafe Certification: This course satisfies Wisconsin Statute HSS196.19(2)(a) requirements and includes classroom activity, textbook readings, and testing for food handling certification. Class 65440 meets Tuesdays from Oct. 2 to 30; fee is $119.76 (seniors $79.50), which does not include the DHSS filing fee.
- Spanish for Travelers-1: Get a quick and confident grasp of basic Spanish phrases to make your trip to Spanish-speaking countries more enjoyable. Class 65443 will meet Wednesdays from Oct. 10 to 24; fee is $38.05.
- Beginning Jewelry: Create a pair of freshwater pearl earrings using basic tools and simple jewelry techniques, including bending, forming and finishing. Class 65610 will meet from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5; fee is $32.92, which includes all supplies.
• To register, call (888) 468-6582.
• View or download a complete guide to LTC personal enrichment classes this fall.