Posted August 30, 2018
Registration is now open for the next session of Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation programs, which run from September through December.
Classes include popular fitness options from Aquatics to Yoga, as well as learning opportunities for everyone from babies to senior citizens. In addition, 14 new opportunities are offered for the first time.
New this fall is Around Our Town, an opportunity for adult community members to get behind-the-scenes tours of local businesses and governmental entities. The first two of these “field trips for adults” will visit InkWorks LLC and the Plymouth Wastewater Treatment Facility.
Other new opportunities include:
- Cooking with Herbs 101: This hands-on class focuses on herbs you can grow in your own garden and how to fuse herbs into delicious creations.
- Grow Your Own Microgreens: Learn what microgreens are and how they differ from sprouts, the nutritional value of microgreens, and how to plant your own.
- Healthy Aging: Dr. Dan Francis of Francis Chiropractic will discuss the aging process and what to do to live to your fullest.
- Fabulous Autumn Vegetables: Learn about 10 different winter squashes and root vegetables as you sample and compose recipes of comfort foods.
- Holiday Cheese Making: Whether you want to make cheese for a cheese tray or offer it as a unique gift, this class will inspire you to get creative with your cheese-making by adding herbs and other condiments.
- Dog Obedience: Beyond Basic Manners: Dogs 6 months and older will continue learning new commands in this sequel to Dog Obedience: Basic Manners.
- Beginning Felting: This beginner class focuses on two of the simplest methods of sculpting wool – needle felting and wet felting – and each participant will leave with three tennis ball-sized dryer balls.
- Sweet Grass Basketry: Learn to make a coiled basket using one of the sweetest smelling plants – sweetgrass. Explore the creative possibilities of an ancient art form as you design and complete your basket.
- Basic Broom Making: Hearth Brooms: John Holzwart will guide you in creating your choice of either one round or one flat hearth broom.
- Edible Landscaping: Get tips and tricks for turning your yard into your private grocery store as you learn about the unique, wide variety of edibles you can grow.
- Delivered! A Night Out for Expecting Parents: Take an empowering journey toward your ideal birth and beyond with Dr. Cindy Munson of Chiro-Health.
- Parenting in a ‘Smart’ World: Parents, grandparents, caregivers and community members are invited to learn about safety in our electronic world.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Fall 2018 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Email email@example.com, call (920) 892-5068, or visit the Community Ed & Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.