Posted June 4, 2018
Updated June 12, 2018
Updated June 25, 2018
Act quickly, and your kids can participate in these options offered by the Plymouth School District to keep students learning, exploring and moving during the summer months.
Squiggles & Wiggles Preschool
Community Education & Recreation again will offer Squiggles & Wiggles Preschool for potty-trained children ages 3 and 4 (must be 3 by June 1). This taste of school, which coincides with Plymouth Summer School, is taught by child-care staff with years of experience.
Youngsters can attend either or both of a pair of two-week sessions that run from 8:30 to 11 a.m. The second session will be July 9 to 19, with a fee of $90 until June 29, then $100.
Learn more: View or download a flier about Squiggles & Wiggles Preschool.
Youth athletic camps
Community Education & Recreation is coordinating a number of summer athletic camps for students, among them:
- Football: This camp for boys and girls entering grades five through nine will be from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. July 9 to 11 at Plymouth High School. Fee is $40 until June 29, then $50.
- Dance: Participants in this camp for boys and girls entering grades one through six will learn dance routines, then perform for families. Camp will meet from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, July 19 and Friday, July 20, with a performance at 4 p.m. on the final day of camp. Fee is $25 until June 29 (then $35), which includes a T-shirt and pizza before the performance.
Learn more: View or download the 2018 Summer Camps registration form.
Summer Child Care
Community Education & Recreation offers all-day child care for children from age 6 weeks old through students who will be entering fifth grade in the fall.
Three age-appropriate programs are available:
- Mulberry Bush: For children 6 weeks to 4 years old. Located at Horizon Elementary School.
- Berry Branch: For children who will be entering kindergarten or first grade in the fall. Located at Horizon during Summer School and at Riverview Middle School the rest of the time.
- Extra Mile: For children who will be entering second through fifth grades in the fall. Located at Horizon during Summer School and at Riverview the rest of the time.
Care is available from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays at Mulberry Bush. The other programs are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., except no care is available when Summer School is in session so that children may attend that program. Fees vary based on the age of the child and the number of hours of care needed.
Learn more: View or download the Summer Child Care registration form.
Community Ed & Rec summer offerings
Community Education & Recreation also is offering numerous classes and other activities for youth and families during its summer session, including:
- Summer Playgroup: Enjoy city parks and commune with nature, other parents and children at this parent-supervised free play. Shelters will be open in parks that have them. From 9:30 to 11 a.m. every Friday (except Aug.31) at rotating parks: Stayer Junior on the first Friday, City Park on the second, Lone Oak on the third, and Meyer for Little Naturalists on the fourth.
- Dog Obedience: Kids and K9s: Dogs 6 months and older and a handler ages 5-14 will learn basic commands (sit, down, stay, wait, come, and leave it) as well as walking on a leash and meeting other dogs, plus tricks. Class will meet from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. Wednesdays from July 18 to Aug. 22; fee is $40 until July 6, then $50.
- Ropes Course: Those ages 7 through adult can enjoy many climbing elements while experiencing teamwork, trust and recreational fun. Climbs will begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays July 11 and 25, and Aug. 8 and 22; fee is $5 per climb until 1 week before, then $15.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.