Posted April 23, 2018
The Plymouth School District Board of Education met at 7 p.m. April 17, 2018 in the Plymouth High School Amphitheatre.
Oath of Office
Board Secretary Sally Isely issued the Oath of Office to Richard York and Phillip Zellmer, who were re-elected earlier this month.
The board approved retirement requests from:
- Shari Ingersoll, kindergarten teacher at Fairview Elementary School, effective at the end of the 2017-18 school year. She has served the Plymouth School District for 28 years.
- Beth Reil, eighth-grade teacher at Riverview Middle School, effective at the end of the 2017-18 school year. She has served the Plymouth School District for 7 years.
The board approved contracts with:
- Dan Knaus to be the athletic and activities director for the Plymouth School District. He has taught physical education in the Plymouth School District for 26 years.
- Elizabeth Brisson to teach English language arts at Plymouth High School beginning with the 2018-19 school year. She received a bachelor’s degree from UW-Platteville. This will be her first year of teaching.
The board also approved a one-year leave of absence for Andrew Arentsen, fourth-grade teacher at Parkview Elementary School, for the 2018-19 school year.
The board learned of the following support staff changes:
- Joy Kohlman, educational assistant at Fairview Elementary School, has submitted her resignation. She served the district for 5 years.
- Debra Levan, server/cook at Horizon Elementary School, has submitted her resignation. She served the district for 5 years.
- Shealynn Browne, educational assistant at Plymouth High School, has submitted her resignation. She served the district for 7 months.
The board gratefully accepted donations of:
- $264.79 from the Plymouth High School Model U.N. Club for transportation to UW-Fond du Lac.
- $250 from Waldo State Bank to offset the cost of transportation to Six Flags Great America for Physics Day.
- $135.96 from Fairview PTO for second-grade student transportation to the Children’s Museum.
- A 1999 Honda Odyssey from Stuart and Denise Sinclair for the PHS Automotive Technology class for students to practice maintenance and repair techniques.
Summary prepared by Jamie Piontkowski, district coordinator of community communications