Posted February 26, 2018
Plymouth High School students created a variety of art projects during their first-semester independent study.
Participating students included Hanna Aukerman, Ashlyn Gilhuber, Rhiannon Lade, Sarah Morris, Hailey Nett, Jenna Slabe, Felix Riley, Adrianna Georg and Annamarie Welnetz. They were guided by PHS art teacher Lisa Keys.
Their projects included:
- Hailey Nett completed a glass mosaic within an old window frame from her grandmother’s house. Her father taught her the process in the art room over two days.
- Hanna Aukerman painted one of the benches.
- Savannah Wiese and Sarah Morris painted a purple bench together.
- Sarah Morris taught herself to work with watercolors and painted two portraits.
- Felix Riley has been working extensively with colored pencil and all of his characters are original.
- Adrianna Georg taught herself (via YouTube) how to macramé (a very popular knotting technique in the 1960s and 1970s) and is adding the knotting technique to the back of a wooden chair, which she plans to tile later.
- Jenna Slabe worked with colored pencil and tackled the tough subject of reflections in bottles.
- Annamarie Welnetz is only a sophomore but her drawing skills are astounding for someone her age. Her work is done in ballpoint pen and marker and is the portrait with “graffiti” surrounding it.
- Ashlyn Gilhuber and Rhiannon Lade work together on a painted chair dedicated to Michael Jackson. The final step has been to embellish the chair with diamond-like jewels.
- Lily Jirikowic painted the pink flowered chair.