Posted February 12, 2018
Updated February 14, 2018
Updated February 17, 2018
Updated February 18, 2018
Plymouth High School athletic teams are competing in the WIAA playoffs. You can follow them here!
Several PHS students are part of the 11th-seeded Sheboygan South Co-op team, which lost to 6th-seeded Fond du Lac 6-3 on Feb. 13.
Boys swimming & diving
The Panthers took 9th as a team at the Division 2 Boys Swimming & Diving State Meet held Feb. 16 at the UW Natatorium in Madison. Competing for PHS were:
- 1-Meter Diving: 5th Charlie Aschenbach 342.25; 8th Alec Nicholson 332.15
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay: 5th Plymouth team of Dawson Smith, Jaxsen Schermacher, Christian Pieper, Ben Schaefers 3:19.33
- 100-Yard Butterfly: 7th Ben Schaefers 53.96
- 200-Yard Medley Relay: 10th Plymouth team of Derek Holec, Christian Pieper, Ben Schaefers, Dawson Smith 1:43.51
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: 11th Plymouth team of Keegan Gafney, Derek Holec, Dawson Smith, Jaxsen Schermacher 1:33.20
- 200-Yard IM: 11th Christian Pieper 2:07.50
- 500-Yard Freestyle: 14th Ben Schaefers 5:07.29
The Panthers took 2nd as a team at the Division 2 sectional Feb. 9-10 at Cedarburg. Competing for PHS were:
- 1-Meter Diving: 1st Charlie Aschenbach 385.40*; 5th Alec Nicholson 345.50*
- 100-Yard Butterfly: 1st Ben Schaefers 53.71*; 11th Jack Steinhardt 1:05.05; 12th Levi Nemitz 1:05.18
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay: 1st Plymouth team of Dawson Smith, Jaxsen Schermacher, Christian Pieper, Ben Schaefers 3:20.04*
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: 2nd Plymouth team of Keegan Gafney, Derek Holec, Dawson Smith, Jaxsen Schermacher 1:32.54*
- 500-Yard Freestyle: 3rd Ben Schaefers 5:03.66*; 9th Charlie Waitkus 5:36.06
- 200-Yard Medley Relay: 3rd Plymouth team of Derek Holec, Christian Pieper, Ben Schaefers, Dawson Smith 1:42.65*
- 50-Yard Freestyle: 4th Dawson Smith 23.01; 6th Jaxsen Schermacher 23.20; 10th Keegan Gafney 23.98
- 100-Yard Freestyle: 4th Jaxsen Schermacher 51.17
- 100-Yard Backstroke: 6th Derek Holec 59.82; 8th Keegan Gafney 1:01.36; 11th Alex Oty 1:06.52
- 200-Yard IM: 6th Christian Pieper 2:09.27*
- 100-Yard Breaststroke: 7th Christian Pieper 1:06.13; 10th Ansel Olson 1:11.40
- 200-Yard Freestyle: 12th Jack Gumieny 2:04.74
The Division 2 Boys Swimming & Diving State Meet will be Friday, Feb. 16 at the UW Natatorium in Madison. All-day tickets cost $6. Doors open at 1:30 p.m., with diving competition beginning at 2:30 p.m. and swimming finals at 6:30 p.m.
PHS was well represented at the individual sectionals held Feb. 17 at Sheboygan South. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 113 pounds: Devin Gore (23-5)
- 120 pounds: Andrew Steinhardt (14-21)
- 138 pounds: Will Birkholz (28-13)
- 152 pounds: Josh Koll (30-13) took 4th
- 182 pounds: Kyle Schwibinger (17-14)
- 195 pounds: Jake Hefter (29-5)
- 220 pounds: Jesse Schwarten (17-10)
- 285 pounds: Gabe Haun (21-11) took 4th
The Panthers took 2nd as a team at the Division 1 regional Feb. 10 in Cedarburg. Competing for PHS were:
- 113 pounds: 1st Devin Gore (23-4)*
- 195 pounds: 1st Jake Hefter (29-4)*
- 138 pounds: 2nd Will Birkholz (28-12)*
- 152 pounds: 2nd Josh Koll (29-11)*
- 285 pounds: 2nd Gabe Haun (20-9)*
- 182 pounds: 3rd Kyle Schwibinger (17-13)*
- 220 pounds: 3rd Jesse Schwarten (17-9)*
- 120 pounds: 4th Andrew Steinhardt (14-20)*
- 160 pounds: 4th Ben Meyer (7-19)*
- 106 pounds: 5th Jack Miller (18-15)
- 145 pounds: 5th Caden Nicolaus (11-24)
- 126 pounds: 6th Cameron Fohr (8-20)
- 170 pounds: 6th Joe Mertes (6-15)
Individual sectionals will be Saturday, Feb. 17 at Sheboygan South. The State Individual Tournament will be Feb. 22-24 in Madison.
The 4th-seeded Panthers have a bye for the first round of Division 2 regionals on Tuesday, Feb. 20. They will host either 5th-seeded West Bend West or 12th-seeded Kewaskum at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, with the regional final Saturday, Feb. 24. Sectionals will be March 1 at Hartford Union and March 3 in Neenah. The Girls Basketball State Tournament will be March 8-10 in Green Bay.
Division 2 regionals will be Tuesday, Feb. 27 and Friday, March 2, with the regional final Saturday, March 3. Sectionals will be March 8 at Sheboygan South, with the sectional final March 10 at Manitowoc Lincoln. The
Boys Basketball State Tournament will be March 15-17 in Madison.
• Explore the Extracurriculars section of our District Report Card to learn more about our history of success in athletics.