Posted January 29, 2018
Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a Winter Swim Club for students and a Cooking Club – Take & Bake for adults.
Register by Feb. 9 and save $10 on the following, which meet at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.:
- Winter Swim Club: Students age 7 through eighth grade will have fun while learning the four competitive strokes, plus starts and turns. Participants must be able to swim the width of the pool. The club will meet Mondays through Wednesdays from Feb. 19 to March 14, with grades 5-8 from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. and grades 2-4 from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. Fee is $35 until Feb. 9 (then $45).
- Cooking Club – Take & Bake: Save time, bring friends, and join us in the kitchen to prepare meals to take home and bake later. Enjoy a complimentary bowl of homemade soup while you work! Also get answers to your nutrition questions from a registered dietitian, as well as healthy menu ideas and recipe substitutions. Class will meet with Jessica Mella from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday Feb. 21; fee is $78 until Feb. 9 (then $88), which includes all groceries for five meals serving 4-6 each.
There’s also still room in the following:
- From the Garden – Infused Oils, Salves & Lotions: Learn to make herbal-infused oils with plants from your garden. Make and take home an infused oil, a salve, and a lotion, as well as recipes and an understanding of their therapeutic applications. Class will meet with instructor Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday Feb. 5; fee is $36 until Jan. 26 (then $46), which includes all supplies.
- Mural Masterpieces: All students in grades two through six – not just those at Fairview Elementary School – are invited to have fun, be artistic and be a part of a creative team. Students will work together to create a large theme-based mural for the school, plus a smaller one to take home. Class will meet with art teacher Field Lehmann from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 6 to March 20 in the Fairview Art Room; fee is $25.
- Artisan Sourdough Bread: Participants will sample a variety of loaves, and enjoy a complimentary bowl of homemade soup. A base dough will be provided, and participants will leave with four loaves at various stages in the bread-making process, one starter of sourdough, and step-by-step instructions. Participants should bring a large mixing bowl for dough transport, two loaf pans (9”x5”x2.5”), ingredients to flavor their loaves (such as raisins, cinnamon, flax seeds, cheese, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.), and an apron (optional). Class will meet with Kate Pearce, wellness coach and heirloom gardener, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15 at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.; fee is $45 until Feb. 2, then $55.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Winter/Spring 2018 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Community Ed & Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.