Posted January 22, 2018
Lakeshore Technical College is offering several lifestyle and leisure classes at Plymouth High School this winter and spring.
LTC will offer the following classes at PHS, which meet from 6 to 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
- How To Use Your iPad: Now that you have an iPad, do you know how to use it? Find out how to set up an iTunes account, how to purchase apps, and how to customize features. Class 25638 will meet Mondays from Feb. 5 to 12; fee is $24.33 (or $4.50 for district residents ages 62 and up).
- App Attack Apps for Everyday Life: Learn about the many apps that are available to you for free or at a nominal cost on your smart phone or tablet. Apps can assist you in your daily tasks, travel, budgeting, entertainment, and much more! While this class is a companion class to “How To Use Your iPad,” the apps and information covered can be useful for other Apple touch-screen products like the iPhone and iPod Touch or an Android phone and tablet. Class 25639 will meet Mondays from Feb. 19 to 26; fee is $24.33 (seniors $4.50).
- Small Engine Repair: Participants will learn to perform maintenance on small engines, and how to troubleshoot, make minor repairs, and set up a maintenance routine for small engines. Class 25637 will meet Thursdays from March 1 to 22; fee is $44.16.
- Digital Photography with Your Smart Device: Learn how to take a photo with your phone or tablet – and also what you can do with your photos! Topics will include how to view and delete photos, how to edit photos, how to share photos, how to create photo projects and order them, and the various digital photography apps available for your smart device. Class 25640 will meet Mondays from March 5 to 12; fee is $24.33 (seniors $4.50).
- Spanish for Travelers-1: Get a quick and confident grasp of some basic Spanish phrases to make your trip to Spanish-speaking countries more enjoyable. The class will introduce you to the basics of Spanish pronunciation and sounds. Class 25599 will meet Wednesdays from March 21 to April 11; fee is $37.55.
- Workplace Spanish: Educators and others will learn basic Spanish to communicate with Spanish-speaking students, customers, or co-workers. This course teaches basic vocabulary and conversational phrases to use in a workplace setting. Students will practice pronunciation and learn minimal grammatical structures to aide in the understanding of the Spanish language. Class 25595 will meet Tuesdays from May 8 to 22; fee is $77.55 (seniors $44.50).
• To register, call (888) 468-6582 or visit www.gotoltc.edu.
• Read an article about technology courses offered by LTC at PHS this winter.
• Read an article about beekeeping and gardening courses offered by LTC at PHS this winter.
• View or download a complete guide to LTC personal enrichment classes this winter.