Posted January 15, 2018
The Plymouth School District has introduced a new scheduling and events calendar, designed to make it easier for community members to use school facilities.
The calendar is powered by rSchools, which has provided PHS athletic schedules for many years. It replaced a set of Google calendars and is designed to be easier for families to isolate events of interest to them.
The calendar is connected to a new facility management system, which allows those wishing to use district facilities to see what is available and to make their own reservation requests. The new calendar is managed by Community Education & Recreation, which coordinates public use of district facilities.
To simplify life for residents, the same calendar system eventually is expected to coordinate use of City of Plymouth facilities. The schools calendar, which launched in the fall, was called for by the Community Engagement Pillar of Excellence strategic plan.
The Board of Education has established four Pillars of Excellence – Academic Excellence, Extracurriculars, Community Engagement, and Financial Responsibility – as key principles that distinguish the district and advance its mission. Each Pillar has a strategic plan that identifies desired Future States and initiatives for the next three years.
The overarching goal of the Community Engagement Pillar is to increase energy, pride, awareness, connection, and involvement. The desired Future States are:
To move closer to those Future States, the 2017-18 Community Engagement strategies include:
• Visit the Pillars of Excellence page to learn more about all four Pillars of Excellence.
• View the online Plymouth School District Calendar.
• Visit the Calendar webpage, with links to individual calendars, instructions, and a list of upcoming events.
• View or download instructions for creating an account and making a request to use district facilities.
• Visit the Facilities Use page for more information on using district facilities.