Posted December 18, 2017
Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering Friday Playgroup, Open Gym Play, and Tumbling/Gymnastics for children, plus the recreational offerings of Scuba, Cross Country Skiing and Snow Shoeing again this winter.
Register by Friday, Dec. 29 and save $10 on the following classes, which meet at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- Friday Playgroup: Kids with their caregivers can get the wiggles out at this parent-supervised group. Enjoy a time of structured activities such as yoga, music and crafts, along with free play each Friday. Dress for indoor and outdoor play. Playgroup will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays from Jan. 12 to April 27 (except March 30) at the Plymouth Youth Center next to Riverview Middle School; fee is $12 per family, which helps with instructor costs.
- Tumbling/Gymnastics: Those ages 3 and up can enjoy floor work, tumble track, balance beam and parallel bars. Participants will meet with YMCA instructors at Riverview on Friday evenings (times vary by level). A 6-week session will run from Jan. 19 to Feb. 23; fee is $32 until Jan. 5 (then $42). A 4-week mini-session will run from April 27 to May 18; fee is $20 until April 13 (then $30).
- Open Gym Play: This is a cabin fever outlet for families with children in kindergarten through fourth grade. Parents must stay with their children; no drop-offs. The group meets with Nick Wilson from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Saturdays from Jan. 13 to March 24 in the gym at Parkview Elementary School, 500 Parkview Drive; there is no fee, but you must pre-register with our office.
- Child Swim Lessons: Our staff has up to 40 years of experience teaching children to swim using the American Red Cross six comprehensive course levels. Children must be 50 inches tall for Level 1; participants in all other levels must have passed the previous level. Classes meet Saturday mornings (times vary by level) from Jan. 20 to March 17 (except Jan. 27); fee is $41 until Jan. 5 (then $51).
- Scuba: Those ages 10 and up can try Scuba in the safety of the PHS pool. All equipment, supervision and pool time included. Class will meet with instructors from Port Deco Divers from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Jan. 13; fee is $36 (seniors $28) until Dec. 29 (then $46). A second, identical class will be offered Saturday, March 24.
- Cross Country Ski (plus Snow Shoeing): The first session will be in a classroom, where you will learn about classic-style cross-country skiing, how to choose equipment, and techniques for efficient skiing. Then you will have four days of practice (weather permitting) on PHS ski trails and the Evergreen trail. The group will take a final trip to the Kettle Moraine Trail system. Class will meet with instructor Clark Reinke from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 3 in the PHS Board Room; ski outings will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Saturdays Jan. 6, 13 and Feb. 3; and Sundays Jan. 14 and Feb. 4; fee is $20 (seniors $16) until Dec. 29 (then $30), which includes the use of ski equipment. In addition, anyone wishing to go snow shoeing instead during these times can contact the Community Ed & Rec office to borrow equipment.
Please note that the Community Ed & Rec office will be open two days during Winter Break: from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 27 and Thursday, Dec. 28. You also can register online at any time, and also leave registration forms in the mailbox on the door of Room C110 on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Winter/Spring 2018 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com, or visit the Community Ed & Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.