Posted December 4, 2017
Plymouth-area girls in grades seven and eight are invited to participate in extracurricular basketball. Initial meetings will be Dec. 12 and 13.
Middle-school sports, which are open to all area students whether they attend public or parochial school or are homeschooled, are coordinated by Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation. The cost is $20 per sport; contact Community Ed & Rec if financial assistance is needed.
The seventh-grade team is coached by Amy Williams and Sarah Michlig. The initial meeting will begin at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12 in the gym at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Circle.
The eighth-grade team is coached by Gina Krueger and Brad Mey. The initial meeting will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13 in Riverview gym. Parents are encouraged to attend the meeting along with players.
Practices will begin Wednesday, Jan. 3. The season consists of 10 conference games between Jan. 9 and Feb. 15. Each grade has an A and a B team, which differ by skill level; B games begin at 3:45 p.m. and A games at 4:45 p.m.
• Visit the middle-school athletics page to download required forms (look under Quick Links).
• Download or print a flier about girls basketball.
• Visit the middle-school girls basketball webpage.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com, or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Explore the Extracurriculars section of our District Report Card to learn more about the variety of academic and athletic extracurriculars available at Riverview Middle School.