Posted October 30, 2017
Looking to get some indoor exercise now that the weather has turned colder? The public can take advantage of two options available at Plymouth High School: Hall Walking and the Community Fitness Center.
Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., opens its halls to members of the public looking for indoor exercise from Nov. 1 to April 30.
The hall-walking program is available from 3 to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and from 3 to 6:30 p.m. Fridays. Seven laps equals a mile for one designated route, three laps for another.
The program is free, but walkers should enter at the Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation entrances (Doors #3 or #4) and indicate on the roster when they are in the building.
The supervised Community Fitness Center, located on the lower level of Plymouth High School, features circuit training, free weights and cardio machines. New bikes, treadmills, elliptical machines and rowing machines were added recently.
The fitness center is open to the public from 5 to 7:30 a.m. and from 3 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
Memberships can be purchased in the Community Education & Recreation office or in the Fitness Center. Annual membership fees are $210 for an individual ($126 for district residents age 62 and up) or $315 for a couple (seniors $189). Buy an annual membership by Nov. 15 and get fitness and aquatic classes at half price for the year.
Half-year and quarterly memberships, as well as daily passes, also are available.
• View a map showing two designated PHS Hall Walking routes.
• View or download a printable flier about Hall Walking.
• Learn more about Hall Walking and the Community Fitness Center.
• View or download the Community Fitness Center brochure.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com, or visit the Community Ed&Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Explore the Wellness section of our District Report Card to learn more about our focus on lifelong healthy living for kids and adults alike.