There is still room in several classes being offered by Lakeshore Technical College at Plymouth High School this fall.
The following continuing education classes will meet from 6 to 9 p.m. in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center on the north end of PHS, located at 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- App Attack Apps for Everyday Life: Learn about the many apps available to you for free or at a nominal cost on your smart phone or tablet. Class 65626 will meet Mondays from Oct. 23 to 30; fee is $24.33 ($4.50 for those ages 62 and above).
- Putting Your Perennials to Bed: Learn how and when to put your perennials to bed for the winter, as well as how to get the most out of your perennials and make spring clean-up easier. Also find out which perennials can be successfully planted in fall. Class 66009 will meet Wednesday, Oct. 25; fee is $17.72 ($4.50).
- Small Engine Repair: Learn to perform maintenance on all small engines, including how to troubleshoot, make minor repairs, and set up a maintenance routine. Class 65651 will meet Tuesdays from Nov. 7 to 28; fee is $44.16.
- Beekeeping - Level 2: This class focuses on the needs of an established hive, including feeding methods, managing pests and parasites, and identifying and treating infectious organisms. Class also will cover trouble-shooting and common challenges of ongoing hive management. Class 65933 will meet from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11; fee is $17.72.
- iCloud: Learn how iCloud, an Apple-based product, gives you access to your music, photos, contacts, calendars, documents, and more from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Windows Computer. Class 65653 will meet Thursday, Nov. 16; fee is $17.72 (seniors $4.50).
- Introduction to Twitter: Gain proficiency utilizing the social media sensation Twitter. Students will receive pointers on how to get started, and learn what hashtags are, how to tweet and retweet, what it means to “follow” someone and how to use twitter to communicate directly with others. Class 65660 will meet Tuesday, Dec. 5; fee is $17.72 (seniors $4.50).
In addition, the for-credit class Farm Operator - Business Management covers basic business management practices, including development of a business plan; mission and goal statements; short- and long-range goals; identification and implementation of alternatives for reaching goals; and development of strategies to monitor progress. Other topics include human resource management and safety. Class 60635 will meet from 7 to 9:15 p.m. Thursdays from Nov. 30 to March 22; fee is $143.97.
• To register, call (888) 468-6582 or visit www.gotoltc.edu.