This year marks the 40th anniversary of the graduation of the Plymouth High School Class of 1977, which is planning a reunion during PHS Homecoming.
Here is a look back at their senior year:
- Homecoming included dress-up days, hall decorations, a pep rally at 2 p.m., a parade through downtown at 2:45 p.m., and the game against Sturgeon Bay (which the Panthers won 42-3) at 7:30 p.m., followed by a dance that included the Homecoming crowning ceremony. Other events during the year included the crowning of Mr. & Ms. Basketball, a polka dance, a Sadie Hawkins dance, and a band trip to Walt Disney World.
- The football team defeated Iowa-Grant 42-12 to win the Class B State Championship! PHS added a girls swimming & diving team.
- Performing opportunities included Cabaret, the all-school play “Exit The Body,” the one-act play “The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie,” the musical “Fiddler on the Roof,” a Christmas operetta, Swing Choir, Mixed Chorus, Boys’ Chorus, Glee Club, Jazz Band, Concert Band and Colour Guard, and Panther Band.
- Extracurriculars and other groups included Future Teachers of America, Future Homemakers of America, Future Nurses of America, Future Farmers of America, Future Business Leaders of America, Distributive Education Clubs of America, AFS, Horticulture Club, Science Club, Art Club, Spanish Club, German Club, Audio Visual Club, Library Club, Forensics, National Honor Society, Student Council, Quit Qui Oc yearbook, Hi-Lights newspaper, Pep Club, Key Club, Tri-Hi-Y, Boys Letter Club, Girls’ Letter Club, Pantherettes pom-pon squad and Kippers synchronized swimming.
- Current events included celebration of the nation’s bicentennial, the election of President Jimmy Carter and the release of “Hotel California” by the Eagles.
Thanks to Hi-Lights newspaper and Quit Qui Oc yearbook for sharing their archives!
• Look back at PHS in 2007.
• Look back at PHS in 1992.
• Look back at PHS in 1987.
• Visit the PHS Alumni Information webpage, which has details on other upcoming reunions.
• Explore the District History webpage.
PHS Class of 1977 40th Reunion
The Class of 1977 will have its 40th class reunion Sept. 29-30 during Homecoming 2017!
On Friday, classmates can march in the Homecoming Parade, then meet at City Club before the football game. On Saturday, the class will tour Fairview, Parkview, Riverview and PHS between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., and then attend the reunion party beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Turner Classics Hall, 202 E. Elizabeth St. ($5 per person at the door for bottled water and light snacks)
The class is working hard to collect donations in an effort to win the Alumni Class Challenge sponsored by the Plymouth Education Foundation, and already has raised $440!
• PHS Class of '77 Reunion website
• Class Facebook page
• Plymouth Education Foundation Alumni Class Challenge