Lakeshore Technical College is offering several lifestyle and leisure classes at Plymouth High School this fall.
LTC is offering ServSafe Certification, which satisfies Wisconsin Statute HSS196.19(2)(a) requirements and includes classroom activity, textbook readings, and the testing for food handling certification. Class 65856 will meet Thursdays from Sept. 28 to Oct. 19; fee is $119.16 ($79.50 for seniors), which does not include the DHSS filing fee.
In addition, the following continuing education classes will meet from 6 to 9 p.m. in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at the school, located at 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- Welding Basics and Beyond: The course introduces the world of welding and includes general shop safety, oxygen/fuel gas supply systems, the oxy/fuel cutting process, plasma cutting, basic cutting and finishing equipment, and the GMAW (Gas Metal Arc-Welding) system, equipment and process. Class 65622 will meet Wednesdays from Sept. 27 to Dec. 6; fee is $153.78 ($54.63 for those ages 62 and up).
- Digital Photography with Your Smart Device: Learn not only how to take a photo with your phone or tablet, but also what you can do with your photos. Topics will include how to take photos, how to view and delete photos, how to edit photos, how to share photos, how to create photo projects and order them, and the various digital photography apps available for your smart device. Class 65642 will meet Mondays from Oct. 9 to 16; fee is $24.33 ($4.50 for those ages 62 and up).
- Sign Language Level 1: Learn fingerspelling, basic vocabulary, and some simple grammar. This class is for everyone from the absolute beginner to those who know a little about sign language. Class 65648 will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays from Oct. 19 to Nov. 9; fee is $24.33.
- Small Engine Repair: Learn to perform maintenance on all small engines, including how to troubleshoot, make minor repairs, and set up a maintenance routine. Class 65651 will meet Tuesdays from Nov. 7 to 28; fee is $44.16.
- Spanish for Travelers-1: Gain a quick and confident grasp of some basic Spanish phrases to make your trip to Spanish-speaking countries more enjoyable. The class will introduce you to the basics of Spanish pronunciation and sounds. Class 65852 will meet Tuesdays from Nov. 28 to Dec. 12; fee is $37.55.
• To register, call (888) 468-6582 or visit www.gotoltc.edu.
• Learn about technology classes offered by LTC at PHS this fall.
• Learn about landscaping and agriculture classes offered by LTC at PHS this fall.