This year marks the 25th anniversary of the graduation of the Plymouth High School Class of 1992.
Here is a look back at their senior year:
- Homecoming included dress-up days, hallway decorating, a pep rally, a Homecoming Court and Crowning Ceremony, a parade through downtown (which wrapped up just before snow fell!), a football game against Two Rivers (which PHS won 20-0!) and a dance.
- New faculty included current social studies teacher Tom Armstrong. Also on staff were social studies teacher Gale Grahn, home ec teacher Therese Unger, business teacher June Winkel, physics teacher Paul Krzyzaniak, Jay Grosshuesch, and math teacher Mike Briggs.
- Social studies students visited Washington, D.C.; band and choir members went to the Heritage Festival in New York City; and Spanish students toured the Yucatan peninsula.
- PHS hosted nine foreign-exchange students, from Italy, Mexico, Yugoslavia, Germany and Japan.
- Conference titles were won by the football team, boys cross country, boys swimming, wrestling. Mark Beebe won PHS’ first State wrestling title.
- Performing opportunities included the one-act play “How To Eat Like a Child” (which advanced to State), Cabaret, State Solo & Ensemble, Freshmen Girls’ Choir, Women’s Choir, Mixed Chorus, Swing Choir, Honors Choir, Panther Band, Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, and German Band.
- Extracurriculars included Hi-Lights newspaper, Quit Qui Oc yearbook, Lighting Crew, Home Economic Related Occupations, Future Educators Club, FFA, Debate, Forensics, National Honor Society, S.A.D.D., Art Club, Channel 46 News, Assistant Child Care program, ICE, Food Service, Auto Club, Student Librarians, Science Club, Key Club, Spanish Honor Society, Badger State, Deutsch Verein, Pep Club, Kippers synchronized swimming, cheerleaders, Pantherettes pom pon squad, and intramural volleyball.
Thanks to Hi-Lights newspaper and Quit Qui Oc yearbook for sharing their archives!
• Visit the PHS Alumni Information webpage, which has details on other upcoming reunions.
• Explore the District History webpage.