Plymouth High School alumni ride in the 2016 Homecoming Parade. This year’s event is set for Sept. 29.
Posted September 4, 2017
Updated September 18, 2017
The deadline is approaching for school and community groups to enter the 2017 Plymouth High School Homecoming Parade.
Entry forms are due Monday, Sept. 25 in the PHS office, 125 Highland Ave. There is no entry fee for the parade, which has a Disney-related theme of “Where Dreams Come True.”
Cars, floats and walkers may participate. Vehicles must move at 5 mph. For safety reasons, candy and gum cannot be thrown, but may be handed to children.
Participants will line up beginning at 3:15 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. Homecoming committee members and Plymouth City Police will help direct participants.
The parade will travel through downtown Plymouth beginning at 4:15 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29. The route will begin near East Main and Caroline streets, head south to Mill Street, east on Mill to North Street, then north back to Main.
Other public Homecoming events include anniversary tours of Parkview and Fairview elementary schools from 5 to 6:30 p.m. (and from 9:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 30); a brat fry sponsored by the soccer boosters from 4:30 to 9 p.m. at the Finke Field concession stand; and the football game against Ripon at 7 p.m.
• Download a printable parade entry form.
• Read an article about PHS Homecoming events.
• Download a printable Homecoming events flier.
• Visit the PHS Homecoming webpage.
• For more information, contact Plymouth School District Community Education and Recreation at (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the office on the north end of Plymouth High School.