Lakeshore Technical College is offering several technology classes at Plymouth High School this fall.
The following classes will meet from 6 to 9 p.m. in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at the school, located at 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- How To Use Your iPad: Find out how to set up an iTunes account, how to purchase apps and how to customize features. Class 65624 meets Mondays from Sept. 25 to Oct. 2; fee is $24.33 (seniors $4.50).
- How To Use Your Smart Devices-Android: Make the most of your Android devices, such as a Samsung cell phone, tablet or HTC smart phone. Learn operating basics and get your questions answered. Please bring your device and power and connection cords. Class 65625 will meet Tuesday, Oct. 3 and Thursday, Oct. 5; fee is $24.33 (seniors $4.50).
- Word 2013-Level 1: Learn to create documents using Microsoft Word 2013 by inserting/deleting text, formatting text, setting line spacing, aligning documents, using templates, changing margins, and using the spelling/grammar function. Class 65620 will meet Wednesdays from Oct. 4 to 11; fee is $30.83 (seniors $11).
- Gmail and Beyond: Learn to utilize a free web-based Gmail account along with the powerful features that come with it: email, calendar, free chatting, phone calls, Google docs and sheets. Class 65644 will meet Thursday, Oct. 12; fee is $17.72 (seniors $4.50).
- App Attack Apps for Everyday Life: Learn about the many apps available to you for free or at a nominal cost on your smart phone or tablet. Class 65626 will meet Mondays from Oct. 23 to 30; fee is $24.33 ($4.50 for those ages 62 and above).
- Word 2013-Level 2: Develop intermediate computer skills in Word 2013. Class 65621 will meet Wednesdays from Nov. 1 to 8; fee is $30.83 ($11 seniors).
- iCloud: Learn how iCloud, an Apple-based product, gives you access to your music, photos, contacts, calendars, documents, and more from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Windows Computer. Class 65653 will meet Thursday, Nov. 16; fee is $17.72 (seniors $4.50).
- Introduction to Twitter: Gain proficiency utilizing the social media sensation Twitter. Students will receive pointers on how to get started, and learn what hashtags are, how to tweet and retweet, what it means to “follow” someone and how to use twitter to communicate directly with others. Class 65660 will meet Tuesday, Dec. 5; fee is $17.72 (seniors $4.50).
• To register, call LTC at (888) 468-6582.