Several facilitated playgroups for children and their parents will be available again this fall, thanks to collaboration between the Plymouth School District, the Family Resource Center, and Rehab Resources.
These playgroups offer fun opportunities for children to participate in age-appropriate activities that stimulate learning, develop motor skills, and encourage social interaction.
The following playgroups are available:
- Friday Playgroup, an opportunities for all ages coordinated by Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation, will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays from Sept. 8 through Dec. 15 initially at City Park, then at the Youth Center once the weather changes. In addition to time for parent-supervised play, Yoga instructor Stuart Gavin will guide half an hour of movement. Register at via Community Ed & Rec or by calling 892-5068; fee is $10/family.
- Little Learners, a free opportunity for ages 2½ through 4 and a joint venture of the Plymouth School District and the Family Resource Center,will meet from 10 to 11 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays beginning Sept. 20 at the Generations building, 1500 Douglas Drive. Children and caregivers will play age-appropriate games, enjoy music and movement, and hear stories under the guidance of Ginger Boldt, an early childhood teacher in the Plymouth School District. Register with Mrs. Boldt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 892-2225 x3512.
- Little Movers, a free opportunity for ages 2½ through 4 and ajoint venture of the Family Resource Center and Rehab Resources, will meet from 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month beginning Sept. 13 at the Generations building. This group, facilitated by a physical therapist from Rehab Resources, offers fun activities that promote strength, endurance, body spatial awareness, balance and coordination. Register at 892-6706 or www.familyresourcesheboygan.org/classes.php.
• Register online for Little Movers.
• Register online for Friday Playgroup.
• View or download a flier with this information.