Posted August 28, 2017
Plymouth-area girls in grades seven and eight are invited to participate in extracurricular volleyball, and all students in grades five through eight are invited to run cross country this fall.
Middle-school athletics, which are open to all area students whether they attend public or parochial school or are homeschooled, are coordinated by Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation.
Practices are held at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Circle. The cost of each sport is $20; those who register by Aug. 30 pay only $60 for all 2017-18 sports and the Youth Center.
Volleyball will hold an informational meeting at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6 in the Riverview gym. Practices will begin Thursday, Sept. 7. Games are held mostly on Mondays and Thursdays from mid-September through October. The seventh-grade team is coached by Sarah Michlig and Robin Hoopman, and the eighth-grade team by Gina Krueger and Kelly Ochalek.
Cross country also will hold an informational meeting at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6 in the Riverview gym. Practices will begin Thursday, Sept. 7. Seven meets will be held between mid-September and early October. Coaches include Sara Schubert, Jessica Barrington and Taylor Lembrich.
• View or download a middle-school extracurriculars registration form.
• Visit the middle-school extracurriculars page, which has additional information for parents.
• Visit the volleyball webpage, which includes a match schedule.
• Visit the cross country webpage, which includes a meet schedule.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com, or visit the Community Ed&Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.