Registration is now open for the next session of Plymouth School District Community Education and Recreation programs, which run from September through December.
Classes include popular fitness options from Aquatics to Yoga, as well as learning opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens. In addition, six new classes are offered for the first time.
New classes include:
- Crocheted Snowflakes: Crochet five unique snowflakes to hang as seasonal decorations, give as gifts, or use in other creative ways.
- Worm Composting: Worm composting is a great way to produce natural fertilizer and keep food out of the landfills, all in a small plastic tote system. Everyone goes home with a complete compost bin, including red wiggler worms.
- Introduction to Herbalism: Get an overview of plants and remedies that can be incorporated easily into daily life. Everyone will have an opportunity to make an herbal remedy to take home.
- Understanding Ticks & Lyme Disease – An Herbal Approach: Learn to minimize your risk, identify the type of tick, properly remove a tick, and what to do after being bitten. Also learn about your options for treatment.
- Herbs for Winter Health: Learn about herbs for immune, respiratory and overall health. Sample infusions that are ideal to drink during the winter months and then make a delicious cold and flu remedy you can take home for later use.
- Friday Playgroup:This parent-supervised playgroup will meet at City Park during the warmer months and then the Youth Center as it gets cooler outside. A Yoga instructor will guide half an hour of movement each week.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Community Ed & Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.