Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a new playgroup, a new class on ticks, Intro to Crochet, and the ever-popular Tumbling/Gymnastics this fall.
Register by Sept. 1 and save $10 on the following classes, which meet at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- Intro to Crochet: Learn basic techniques and the most common stitches, and gain experience reading a pattern as you create a lovely scarf. Class meets with instructor Sharon Schlundt from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays from Sept. 14 to Oct. 5; fee is $35 ($28 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up) until Sept. 1, then $45. Contact Community Ed & Rec for a list of needed supplies.
- Understanding Ticks & Lyme Disease: An Herbal Approach: Learn to minimize your risk, identify the type of tick, properly remove a tick, and what to do after being bitten. Also learn about your options for treatment. Participants will be provided with questions to ask herbal as well as conventional health providers regarding Lyme disease and its co-infections. Class will meet with instructor Linda Conroy, owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14; fee is $23 until Sept. 1, then $33.
- Friday Playgroup: All ages are invited to enjoy City Park with other parents and children at this parent-supervised play. The park shelter and bathrooms will be open. As the weather changes, the group will move to the Youth Center. Stuart Gavin, Yoga instructor, will guide half an hour of movement from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Space is limited at the Youth Center, so please register. Friday Playgroup will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays from Sept. 8 to Dec. 15 (except Nov. 24); fee is $10 per family to help with instructor costs.
- Tumbling/Gymnastics: Kids ages 3 and up will enjoy floor work, tumble track, balance beam and parallel bars. Class will meet with YMCA instructors on Friday evenings (times vary by age) from Sept. 15 to Nov. 17 (except Oct. 6 & Nov. 3) at Riverview Middle School; fee is $42 until Sept. 1, then $52.
There’s also still room in the following:
- SCUBA: Those ages 10 and up can try SCUBA using provided equipment. Class will meet with instructors from Port Deco Divers from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 26 in the pool at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.; fee is $46.
- Community Climbs: Anyone from kids ages 7 through senior citizens is invited to participate in these climbs, which will take 60 to 90 minutes and be held between 5 and 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 23 on the Adventure Ropes Course. You can attend any or all sessions; different elements will be set up each night. The fee for children ages 7 to 9 is $10 per climb; the fee for ages 10 and up is $22 per climb. Registration is due by 4 p.m. the Monday prior to each climb.
- Summer Playgroup: Families with children of all ages are invited to enjoy our parks and commune with nature as well as other families at this parent-supervised free play. This new initiative will run from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays at a rotating park each week: first Friday of the month at Rotary Park, second Friday at City Park, third Friday at Lone Oak, and fourth Friday at Meyer Park. Shelters will be open in the parks that have them.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Fall 2017 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Community Ed&Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.