Posted August 21, 2017
The Plymouth School District Board of Education met at 5 p.m. Aug. 15, 2017 in the Plymouth High School Amphitheatre.
The board approved contracts with the following teachers:
The board accepted a resignation request from Lisa Miller, educational specialist at Riverview Middle School, who served the district for 18 years.
The board also learned of the following support staff resignations:
The board approved updates and changes to the 2017-18 Teacher Employment Framework, including the addition of two extracurricular positions and language changes to add clarity and meet legal requirements.
The board also approved adjustments in substitute teacher pay, in order to be more competitive with neighboring districts. Substitutes now will be paid $105 a day for the first 10 days of an assignment, then $115 a day after that. The district also can designate preferred substitutes, who would receive an additional $25 a day.
The board gratefully accepted the following donations:
• $8,000 from Ruth DeYoung Kohler for educational programming at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center.
• $3,710.03 from Plymouth Rotary for garden sheds at the elementary schools, which were built by Plymouth High School students.
• $2,172.14 from Fairview PTO for student transportation.
• $527.43 from the Plymouth High School German Class for student transportation.
• $498.63 from Parkview PTK for student transportation.
Academic Excellence: Assistant Superintendent Dan Mella updated the board on the strategic plan in support of the Academic Excellence Pillar.
Summary prepared by Jamie Piontkowski, district coordinator of community communications