Posted August 21, 2017
Plymouth-area middle-school students are encouraged to sign up for athletics and the Youth Center for the 2017-18 school year.
Those who register by Wednesday, Aug. 30 will receive unlimited activities for only $60. After that, regular registration fees of $20 per sport and $50 for the Youth Center will apply.
These programs are coordinated by Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation, but are open to all area middle-school students, including those who are homeschooled or attending parochial schools.
Available sports are:
The Youth Center is for students in grades 5-8. Located next to Riverview Middle School, it is open after school until 5 p.m. on school days with at least one adult present at all times. A daily enrichment program is available to interested students, including simple meals, relaxation, recreation, team building and crafts. These activities are optional, and the Youth Center also is a safe place to hang out with friends.
The Plymouth School District places a high value on extracurriculars – one of its four Pillars of Excellence – because of the strong correlation between them and academic performance. Participants learn valuable skills, excel in the classroom, and have lots of fun.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Visit the Middle-School Athletics webpage, which has forms and a grade-by-grade list of options.
• Visit the Youth Center webpage to learn more about how it helps create independent, responsible young people.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com, or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.
• Explore the Extracurriculars section of our District Report Card to learn more about the variety of academic and athletic extracurriculars available at Riverview Middle School.