Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a second session of SCUBA this summer.
Those ages 10 and up can try SCUBA using provided equipment. Class will meet with instructors from Port Deco Divers from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 26 in the pool at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.; fee is $36 until Aug. 11, then $46.
There’s also still room in the following:
- Dog Obedience: Participants will learn basic commands such as how to teach a dog to sit, stay, and come when called, as well as advice on establishing who takes who for a walk and other safety tips. Bring a slip collar and a 6-foot leash. Dogs should be at least 3 months old. Handlers ages 11 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Class will meet with instructor Pat Chickowski from 6 to 7p.m. Wednesdays from Aug. 2 to Sept. 13 in the northeast lot at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave. Fee is $48 ($40 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up).
- Community Climbs: Anyone from kids ages 7 through senior citizens is invited to participate in these climbs, which will take 60 to 90 minutes and be held between 5 and 8 p.m. Wednesdays from Aug. 2 to 23 on the Adventure Ropes Course. You can attend any or all sessions; different elements will be set up each night. The fee for children ages 7 to 9 is $10 per climb or $30 for all four nights; the fee for ages 10 and up is $22 per climb or $70 for all four nights. Registration is due by 4 p.m. the Monday prior to each climb.
- Summer Playgroup: Families with children of all ages are invited to enjoy our parks and commune with nature as well as other families at this parent-supervised free play. This new initiative will run from 9:30 to 11a.m.Fridays at a rotating park each week: first Friday of the month at Rotary Park, second Friday at City Park, third Friday at Lone Oak, and fourth Friday at Meyer Park. Shelters will be open in the parks that have them.
• Register online; this option allows you to pay with a credit card at no extra charge and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete May-August 2017 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Community Ed&Rec office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.