Posted June 12, 2017
The Plymouth School District is offering a number of youth athletic opportunities this summer, but you must act quickly.
Girls Basketball Camp starts today. Tennis, AM Swim Club, PM Swim Club and Boys Basketball Camp start next week, coinciding with Summer School. Football Camp and Volleyball Camp are in July; those registering by Friday, June 16 save $10.
The camps listed below will take place at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave. New this year, parents can register for any or all camps with a single form per child and make one payment through Community Education & Recreation.
Who: girls entering grades 4-9
What: PHS coaches & players teach game fundamentals with drills and game play.
When: June 12-16, with grades 4-5 from 8 to 9:30 a.m., grades 6-7 from 9:45 to 11:15 a.m., and grades 8-9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fee: $50, which includes a T-shirt
AM Swim Club
Who: boys & girls entering grade 9 & up
What: Experienced swimmers receive focused training.
When: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 19 to Aug. 1, from 6 to 7:30 a.m.
PM Swim Club
Who: boys & girls age 7 through entering grade 8
What: Those who can swim the width of the pool without stopping will get an introduction to competitive swimming.
When: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 19 to July 20 (except July 3-7), from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Who: boys & girls entering grades 1-9
What: All ability levels will get drills and coaching from PHS veteran tennis players. Equipment can be borrowed
during the weeks of class.
When: Mondays and Wednesdays June 19-July 21, with grades 1-3 from 1 to 2 p.m. grades 4-6 from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m., and grades 7-9 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Who: boys entering grades 2-9
What: PHS coaches and players teach shooting, ball-handling and passing. Camp emphasizes skill development with team play.
When: Session 1 is June 19-23; Session 2 is June 26-30. Grades 6-9 go from noon to 1:30 p.m.; grades 2-5 go from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
Fee: $50 per session or $65 for both, includes T-shirt
Who: boys & girls entering grades 5-9
What: PHS football coaches cover game fundamentals, weight training & development of speed, power & agility.
When: July 10-12, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Fee: $40, which includes a T-shirt ($50 after June 16)
Who: girls entering grades 6-9
What: Participants will have fun and learn basic skills from varsity coaches & players.
When: July 17-20, with grades 6-8 from noon-1:30pm and grade 9 from 2-4 p.m.
Fee: Grades 6-8: $50, includes T-shirt ($60 after June 16); grade 9: $75, includes T-shirt ($85 after June 16)
There’s also still room in the following:
• Download the 2017 Summer Camps Registration Form.
• Register online for other classes; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete May-August 2017 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and wellness offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.