Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a youth Tennis Camp, Swim Club and Boys Basketball Camp, as well as a pair of new Frisbee Golf opportunities and another Monthly Meditation.
Community Ed & Rec is offering two new Frisbee Golf opportunities: weekly play on the 18-hole course at Meyer Park and a tournament at the end. Work on your game beginning at 2 p.m. Sundays from June 18 to July 9; fee is $14 ($11 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up) until June 9, then $24. The tournament will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 16; fee is $5 (seniors $4) until July 7, then $15. Or sign up by June 9 for both the season and the tourney and pay only $15 (seniors $12). Golf discs can be borrowed from Community Education & Recreation upon registration.
Register early and save $10 on the following youth athletic camps, which will meet at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.:
- Tennis Camp: All ability levels entering grades 1-9 will get drills and coaching from PHS veteran tennis players. Tennis equipment can be taken home during the weeks of class. Camp will meet Mondays and Wednesdays from June 19 to July 21 (except July 3) on the PHS courts, with grades 1-3 from 1 to 2 p.m., grades 4-6 from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m., and grades 7-9 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Fee is $22 until June 9, then $32.
- Boys Basketball Camp: Boys entering grades 2-9 will learn shooting, ball-handling and passing from PHS coaches and players. Session 1 is June 19-23; Session 2 is June 26-30. Grades 6-9 go from noon to 1:30 p.m.; grades 2-5 go from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Fee until June 9 is $40 per session or $55 for both ($50/$65 after June 9).
- PM Swim Club: Boys and girls ages 7 through entering grade 8 (who can swim the width of the pool without stopping) will get an introduction to competitive swimming. Club will meet from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 19 to July 20 (except July 3-7). Fee is $40 until June 9, then $50.
In addition, a Monthly Meditation will be offered from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, June 6 in the PHS Literacy Lounge. These ongoing meditation sessions, guided by certified yoga teacher Carrie Caselton Lowe, begin with guided breathing or meditation techniques and end with a quiet meditation.
There’s also still room in the following:
- Walkers Club: Bring a friend and join a group walking the trails of Sheboygan County. This eight-week opportunity will start with shorter distances and work its way up to 5 miles. Walkers will be led by Josette Svitter beginning at 5:30 p.m. Mondays from June 5 to Aug. 21; the first class will meet in the west parking lot of City Park on Suhrke Road. Fee is $10 ($8 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and above) until May 26, then $20.
- KEYs to the Core: Learn why the core muscles of your back and stomach are so important to spinal health. Dr. Dan Francis of Francis Chiropractic will give instruction on home exercises to strengthen and support these muscles. Class will meet from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 7 in the Plymouth High School Library, 125 Highland Ave.; fee is $5 until May 26, then $15.
- Girls Basketball Camp: PHS coaches and players will teach game fundamentals with drills and game play to girls entering grades 4 through 9. Camp will run June 12 to 16, with grades 4-5 from 8 to 9:30 a.m., grades 6-7 from 9:45 to 11:15 a.m., and grades 8-9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fee, which includes a T-shirt, is $50.
- AM Swim Club: Experienced swimmers entering ninth grade or above will receive focused training. Participants will meet from 6 to 7:30 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 12 to Aug. 1. Fee is $40 until June 2, then $50.
- Kids Cook Easy Summer Meals: Students ages 9 to 13 will try some no-cook recipes as well as recipes that require simple cooking. They also will learn basic kitchen skills, safety precautions, and simple stovetop and oven cooking. Parents can rest assured the meals will include fruits and vegetables, be low in sugar, and encourage whole grains. Class will meet with instructor Carrie Caselton Lowe, district nutrition & wellness coordinator, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 13. Fee is $15 until June 2, then $25.
- Summer Playgroup: Families with children of all ages are invited to enjoy our parks and commune with nature as well as other families at this parent-supervised free play. This new initiative will run from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Fridays at a rotating park each week: first Friday of the month at Rotary Park, second Friday at City Park, third Friday at Lone Oak, and fourth Friday at Meyer Park (coinciding with Little Naturalists on June 23 and Aug. 25). Shelters will be open in the parks that have them.
• Download the 2017 Summer Camps Registration Form, for use with Boys Basketball Camp, PM Swim Club, and Tennis Camp.
• Register online for other classes; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete May-August 2017 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.