Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering numerous aquatic classes this summer.
Register by June 9 and save $10 on the following, which are taught by Beth Kerntke in the Mike Slagle Aquatic Center at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.:
- Parent/Tot Aquatics: Those ages 6 months to 5 years will gain a comfort level in the water, as caregivers get tips for water safety. Caregivers will be in the water with the children, so this class provides a unique opportunity to bond. First class will begin with orientation in the PHS cafeteria, followed by pool time. The Tuesday class will meet from 5:15 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays from June 20 to Aug. 1 (except July 4 and 25). The Thursday class will meet from 5:15 to 6 p.m. Thursdays from June 22 to July 27 (except July 6); fee for either is $38/pair until June 9, then $48.
- In the Shallow: This shallow-depth class works all muscles and joints in a motivational and fun environment. It is excellent for flexibility, muscle toning and stress relief. Class will meet from 6:15 to 7 p.m. (7:15 to 8 p.m. beginning Aug. 8) Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 20 to Aug. 24 (except July 4, 6, 25; Aug. 3); fee is $56 ($44 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up) until June 9, then $66.
- In the Deep: This motivational class uses water resistance for a great workout. Participants can use noodles or cuffs. Class will meet from 6:15 to 7 p.m. (7:15 to 8 p.m. beginning Aug. 7) Mondays and Wednesdays from June 19 to Aug. 23 (except July 3, 5, 24; Aug. 2); fee is $56 (seniors $44) until June 9, then $66.
- Water Walking: This self-paced, self-directed class in shallow water is perfect for those with limited mobility. It meets at the same time as In the Deep, so help is nearby. Fee is $25 (seniors $20) until June 9, then $35.
- Lap Swim: Offered from 6 to 7 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays from June 21 to Aug. 4 (except July 5, 7) for $26 (seniors $20); noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 20 to Aug. 3 (except July 4, 6) for $26 (seniors $20); from noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from Aug. 7 to Sept. 1 for $26 (seniors $20); and from 7:15 to 8 p.m. (8:15-9pm beginning Aug. 7) Mondays through Thursdays from June 19 to Aug. 31 (except July 3-6; Aug. 2-3) for $33 (seniors $26). Unlimited swims are available for $40 (seniors $32). Fees increase $10 after June 9.
• Register online; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete May-August 2017 Course Listings.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.