Plymouth High School athletic teams are competing in the WIAA playoffs. You can follow them here!
The Panthers boys and girls teams both finished fifth at the Division 1 regional May 22 at Hartford Union. Earning points for the Panthers were:
- Girls Pole Vault: 1st Gwen Nytes 8-06.00; 3rd Libby Tournour J8-00.00
- Girls Discus Throw: 1st Cece Huhn 117-00; 4th Tanya Gilbertson 105-02
- Boys 200 Meter Dash: 1st Jack Benedict 23.20
- Boys Pole Vault: 1st Jaxsen Schermacher 13-09.00
- Boys 100 Meter Dash: 2nd Jack Benedict 11.48; 3rd Derek Novotny 11.54
- Girls 400 Meter Dash: 2nd Lauren Rabe 1:02.00; 4th Hanna Eigenberger 1:04.17
- Girls High Jump: 2nd Cece Huhn 5-00.00
- Boys Long Jump: 2nd Derek Novotny 21-03.25
- Boys 400 Meter Dash: 2nd Mack Mella 51.30
- Girls 4x200 Meter Relay: 3rd Plymouth team of Gabi Mella, Libby Tournour, Gwen Nytes, Maggie Staehling, Christina Hoyt, Helen Baus 1:51.37
- Boys 4x800 Meter Relay: 3rd Plymouth team of Isaac Fintak, Max Hassel, Mason Guell, Adam Smith, Alex Kelly, John Nugent 8:33.66
- Boys Triple Jump: 3rd Mason Guell 41-02.50
- Girls 200 Meter Dash: 4th Libby Tournour 27.64; 5th Gabi Mella 27.64
- Girls 300 Meter Hurdles: 4th Margeaux Suttner 51.28
- Girls 4x800 Meter Relay: 5th Plymouth team of Izzy Kastelic, Grace Huibregtse, Allie Gruttner, Sarah Birenbaum, Sophie Albert 10:57.08
- Boys High Jump: 5th Derek Holec J5-10.00
- Boys Discus Throw: 6th Korey Friederichs 134-00; 8th Jack Nytes 127-00
- Girls 4x100 Meter Relay: 6th Plymouth team of Libby Tournour, Maggie Staehling, Gabi Mella, Gwen Nytes, Christina Hoyt, Helen Baus 53.86
- Boys 800 Meter Run: 6th Mason Guell 2:01.29
- Boys 4x400 Meter Relay: 7th Plymouth team of Mack Mella, Zach Strehlow, Adam Smith, John Nugent, Alex Kelly, Garrison Pierce 3:42.95
- Girls Shot Put: 7th Tanya Gilbertson 31-07.00
- Boys 4x100 Meter Relay: 8th Plymouth team of Keegan Gafney, Josh Koll, Derek Holec, Ben Olsen, Jaxsen Schermacher, Kory Tetschlag 48.38
- Girls 4x400 Meter Relay: 8th Plymouth team of Lauren Rabe, Hanna Eigenberger, Margeaux Suttner, Izzy Kastelic, Allie Gruttner, Grace Huibregtse 4:20.18
- Boys 1600 Meter Run: 8th Isaac Fintak 4:52.19
- Girls 800 Meter Run: 8th Izzy Kastelic 2:40.25
- Boys 3200 Meter Run: 8th Max Hassel 10:35.09
The PHS boys took 8th and the girls 10th at sectionals May 25 at West Bend West. Competing for the Panthers were:
- Boys Long Jump: 2nd Derek Novotny 21-04.00
- Boys Triple Jump: 2nd Mason Guell 42-11.00
- Girls High Jump: 4th Cece Huhn J5-02.00
- Boys 400 Meter Dash: 4th Mack Mella 50.74
- Boys 200 Meter Dash: 4th Jack Benedict 22.86
- Girls 4x200 Meter Relay: 5th Plymouth team of Gabi Mella, Libby Tournour, Gwen Nytes, Maggie Staehling, Christina Hoyt, Helen Baus 1:50.70
- Boys 100 Meter Dash: 6th Derek Novotny 11.49; 7th Jack Benedict 11.51
- Boys 4x800 Meter Relay: 6th Plymouth team of Isaac Fintak, Max Hassel, Mason Guell, Adam Smith, Alex Kelly, John Nugent 8:29.66
- Girls 400 Meter Dash: 7th Hanna Eigenberger 1:05.20; 8th Lauren Rabe FS
- Girls Discus Throw: 7th Tanya Gilbertson 91-00.50
- Girls Pole Vault: 7th Libby Tournour J8-00.00
- Girls 200 Meter Dash: 7th Libby Tournour 27.37
- Boys Pole Vault: 7th Jaxsen Schermacher 13-00.00
- Girls 300 Meter Hurdles: 8th Maddie Alft 50.11
The State Track & Field Meet will be June 2-3 at UW-La Crosse.
The Panthers lost to Port Washington 10-1 May 25 in a Division 2 regional.
PHS took 3rd as a team at the Division 1 regional May 23 in Fond du Lac. Cole Bogenschuetz, Jake Willeford and Cade Knaus all tied for 6th with a score of 80; John O Aschenbach and Alex Shutter both tied for 12th with a score of 89. They advance as a team to sectionals May 31 in Grafton. The State Boys Golf Tournament will be June 5-6 in Madison.
Division 3 regionals will be Thursday, June 1 and Saturday, June 3. Sectionals will be June 8 and 10. The Girls State Soccer Championships will be June 15-17 in Milwaukee.
The Panthers team tied for fourth at the Division 2 subsectional May 22 in Green Bay, as senior Gavin Binversie took 2nd in Flight 1 Singles. He lost the first match at sectionals May 24 in Kohler.
• Explore the Extracurriculars section of our District Report Card to learn more about our history of success in athletics.