Click the image to access a photo gallery. Photos by Patty Damon, Jennifer Marten, Jessica Barrington, and Kathy Murray
Photos: Winter activities
Posted April 24, 2017
Plymouth School District students enjoyed a variety of activities this winter, among them:
- Students in the Global Studies class at Plymouth High School made tie blankets for Project Linus on March 1.
- Riverview Middle School math students in Jessica Barrington’s classes celebrated Pi Day on March 14 by making pies for a pie contest, creating pi badges, and making pi cupcakes – where each cupcake had a digit of pi on it.
- Second-graders from Horizon Elementary School visited the LTC-Plymouth Science & Technology Center on March 24 for a variety of hands-on projects under the tutelage of PHS technology education students.
- Participants in the March 28 Fantastic Friday enjoyed a rescue dog visit, as well as relay races.
- PHS teacher Jennifer Marten took students Grace Harvey and April Xiong to the World Food Prize Wisconsin Youth Institute at UW-Madison on April 10. Each girl researched and wrote a paper about an issue that affects world food security; April wrote about education in Gambia, and Grade addressed clean water issues in Haiti. They presented their ideas to a roundtable panel and fielded questions about the topic at the event, where they also attended several immersion sessions in the labs of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.