Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering Fit Club again this summer and several fitness classes beginning in May.
Fit Club utilizes the greatest tools in regular exercise: accountability, variety and group support. Fit Club members get a four-month Fitness Center membership, the opportunity to join fitness and aquatic classes as space allows, weekly group meetings, and a personalized fitness plan, all for one great price. Weekly meetings will be at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays from May 9 to Aug. 22 (except July 4) in the Community Fitness Center at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave. Fee is $98 ($78 for for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up) until April 28, then $108.
Register by April 28 and save $10 on the following classes, which meet at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Circle, unless otherwise noted:
- Ski Hill Boot Camp: This new offering is a high-intensity preparation class for events like the Tough Mudder or triathlons. Enjoy positive energy from a team environment where fellow Bootcampers motivate and challenge you to reach your highest potential. Time Efficient Training is designed for maximum calorie burn. Class will meet with instructor Amy Butters from 5:30 to 6:15pm Thursdays and some Saturdays from May 11 to June 29 at PHS and the Plymouth Ski Hill; fee is $30 (seniors $24) until April 28, then $40.
- Core Training: This is a great class for those looking specifically at core strength or a low-impact course to get started, but also can benefit the most experienced participant. Equipment used includes stability, bosu, and medicine balls and exercise bands, mats, and weights. Class will meet with instructor Josette Svitter from 4:15 to 5 p.m. Mondays from May 8 to Aug. 21 (except May 29 and July 3); fee is $40 (seniors $32) until April 28, then $50.
- Interval Training: Utilize different intervals to achieve cardiovascular, strength and flexibility improvements. You will be guided through different exercises each class to find and achieve your own fitness goals. Class will be outside when weather permits. Class will meet with instructor Josette Svitter from 5:15 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays from May 10 to Aug. 23; fee is $45 (seniors $36) until April 28, then $55.
- Top Flight: Class begins with a warmup and continues into aerobics, designed to strengthen the cardiovascular system. The mat work section of the class will shape and define arm, abdominal, thigh and hip muscles. Class concludes with stretching for flexibility. Class meets with instructor Pat Moriarty from 8 to 9 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from May 8 to Aug. 23 (except May 29 and July 3) at Plymouth Youth Center next to Riverview; fee is $86 (seniors $68) until April 28, then $96.
There’s also still room in the following:
- From the Garden – Herbal Infused Oils, Salves & Lotions: Learn to make herbal-infused oils with plants from your garden in this new class. Make and take home an infused oil, a salve, and a lotion, as well as recipes. All supplies will be provided. Class will meet with Linda Conroy, herbalist and owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, April 20 at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.; fee is $50.
- Foraging for Health, Nourishment and Fun! Learn about seasonal wild plants and how to use them for food and medicine. Get tips for identifying, harvesting, and preparing wild plants. The evening will include an herb walk (outside if weather allows), as well as samples of seasonal wild edibles and recipes. Class will meet with Linda Conroy, herbalist and owner of Moonwise Herbs, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, April 27 in the Food Science & Agriculture Center; fee is $33 until April 14, then $43.
- Spring BB League: This is a six-week recreational league for the fun of playing basketball. Call your own fouls, though there will be an adult supervisor and scorekeeper. Sign up with family and friends; teams are maxed at 15 players. Games will be from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays from May 3 to June 7 in the Riverview gym; fee is $100/team until April 21, then $110.
• Register online; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete May-August 2017 Course Listings.
• Look for a printed copy of the May-August 2017 Course Listings in the April 18 Plymouth Review Xtra; in the April 21 elementary Friday Folders; and at locations throughout the community.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.