Registration is now open for the next session of Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation programs, which run from May through August.
Classes include popular fitness and aquatic options, as well as learning opportunities for everyone from toddlers to senior citizens. In addition, six new opportunities are available for the first time.
New opportunities for children and families include:
- Summer Playgroup: All ages are invited to enjoy area parks and commune with nature, other parents and children at this parent-supervised free play.
- Kids Cook: Easy Summer Meals: Students ages 9 to 13 will make no-cook recipes as well as meals that require simple cooking. Learn basic kitchen skills, safety precautions, and simple stovetop and oven cooking. Parents can rest assured the meals will include fruits and vegetables, be low in sugar, and encourage whole grains.
New fitness and recreation opportunities include:
- KEYs to the Core: Learn why the core muscles of your back and stomach are so important to spinal health. Dr. Dan Francis will instruct on home exercises to strengthen and support these muscles.
- Spring BB League: This is a 6-week recreational league for the fun of playing basketball. There will be no officiating in this call-your-own-foul league, but there will be an adult supervisor and scorekeeper.
- Frisbee Golf: Learn to play and/or compete with local players on the Frisbee Golf course at Meyer Park. Tips and instruction will be given upon request. The season will have different matchups, ending with a championship tournament. Golf discs can be borrowed from Community Ed & Rec upon registration.
- Ski Hill Boot Camp: This is a high-intensity preparation class for events such as the Tough Mudder or triathlons. Enjoy positive energy from a team environment where fellow Bootcampers motivate and challenge you and Time Efficient Training results in maximum calorie burn.
• Youth athletic camp registration form
• Register online for other classes; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete May-August 2017 Course Listings.
• Look for a printed copy of the May-August 2017 Course Listings in the April 18 Plymouth Review Xtra; in the April 21 elementary Friday Folders; and at locations throughout the community.
• Visit our Facebook page, where we share information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.