Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation is offering a new Classic Poncho knitting class, plus another Monthly Meditation and a Fitness Center orientation in March.
Classic Poncho participants will make a personalized and stylish poncho for any season. This combined class will allow knitters and crocheters with basic skills to work on their own projects, with two patterns to choose from in each type. Come to the Community Ed & Rec office to see the options and get a supply list. Class will meet with instructor Sharon Schlundt from 6:30 to 8:30p.m. Thursdays from March 9 to 23 at Plymouth High School; fee is $26 ($20 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up) until Feb. 24, plus supplies.
Also coming soon from Community Ed & Rec are:
- Monthly Meditation: These ongoing meditation sessions begin with guided breathing or meditation techniques and end with a quiet meditation. The next session with instructor Carrie Caselton Lowe, certified Yoga teacher, will be from 6:30 to 7:15p.m.Monday, March 6in the PHS Literacy Lounge; sessions are free and drop-ins are welcome.
- Fitness Center Orientation: The supervised fitness center at Plymouth High School features circuit training, free weights, bicycles, stair steppers, treadmills & ellipticals. The next orientation is 6p.m. Tuesday, March 7; orientations are free for Fitness Center members, but please contact Community Ed & Rec to register.
There’s also still room in the following:
- Eating Mindfully: “Mindless eating” or eating while distracted is linked to overeating, stress, and generally not enjoying meals as they are happening. In this new class, explore how to be more aware of and present to our relationship with food through mindfulness and other useful techniques while eating. Class will meet with Carrie Caselton Lowe, nutrition& wellness coordinator, from 6 to 7:30p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22; fee is $20.
- Winter Swim Club: Kids age 7 through eighth grade can get a taste for competitive swimming. Focus will be on improving the four competitive swim strokes, as well as learning competitive starts and turns. Every participant must be able to swim the width of the pool. Class will meet Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from Feb. 20 to March 15, with grades 2-4 from 4:45 to 5:45p.m.and grades 5-8 from 3:45 to 4:45p.m.; fee is $45.
- Aquatic Intervals, a new class offered free to Community Fitness Center members. Guided stations will offer various strengthening exercises, plus there will be lap lanes. Class will meet with Clayton Moore, recreation & fitness coordinator, from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 21 to May 16.
- Numerous fitness and aquatics classes: Among them are Daytime Aqua (Deep only), 20/20, In The Deep, Water Walking, Lap Swim, Core Training, Group Cycling MWF, PiYo, Top Flight, Yoga. Click here for details.
• Register online; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Winter/Spring 2017 course guide.
• Visit our new Facebook page, where we will be sharing information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.