Plymouth High School athletic teams are competing in the WIAA playoffs. You can follow them here!
Boys swimming & diving
The Panthers took 10th as a team at the Division 2 State Swimming & Diving Championships on Feb. 17 in Madison. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 1-Meter Diving: 3rd Riley Josephs 361.85
- 100-Yard Backstroke: 7th (tie) Harrison Strutz 54.93
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay: 8th Plymouth team of Jaxsen Schermacher, Leander Leinen, Ben Schaefers & Harrison Strutz 3:23.66
- 50-Yard Freestyle: 9th Harrison Strutz 22.27 200-Yard Medley Relay: 10th Plymouth team of Harrison Strutz, Leander Leinen, Ben Schaefers & Dawson Smith 1:43.69
- 100-Yard Butterfly: 10th Ben Schaefers 55.29
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: 12th Plymouth team of Dawson Smith, Leander Leinen, Jaxsen Schermacher & Ben Schaefers 1:32.85
Plymouth took 4th at the Division 2 sectional Feb. 10-11 in Ashwaubenon. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 1-Meter Diving: 1st Riley Josephs 377.10; 8th Charlie Aschenbach 284.50; 9th Noah Haese 262.65
- 50-Yard Freestyle: 2nd Harrison Strutz 22.41; 6th Jaxsen Schermacher 24.01
- 100-Yard Backstroke: 3rd Harrison Strutz 55.37; 10th Keegan Gafney 1:01.02; 11th Derek Holec 1:02.94
- 100-Yard Butterfly: 3rd Ben Schaefers 55.26; 11th Ben Nichols 1:01.11
- 200-Yard Medley Relay: 3rd Plymouth team of Harrison Strutz, Leander Leinen, Ben Schaefers and Dawson Smith 1:43.72
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: 4th Plymouth team of Dawson Smith, Leander Leinen, Jaxsen Schermacher and Ben Schaefers 1:33.81
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay: 4th Plymouth team of Dawson Smith, Leander Leinen, Ben Schaefers and Harrison Strutz 3:26.78
- 200-Yard Freestyle: 11th Charlie Waitkus 2:00.62
- 200-Yard IM: 8th Leander Leinen 2:11.69; 10th Davis Dejus 2:17.91
- 100-Yard Freestyle: 9th Jaxsen Schermacher 52.70; 10th Dawson Smith 3.78; 13th Davis Dejus 55.84
- 500-Yard Freestyle: 9th Charlie Waitkus 5:31.15
- 100-Yard Breaststroke: 10th Christian Pieper 1:10.97
The Division 2 State Swimming & Diving Championships will be Feb. 17 in Madison.
PHS has several players on the co-op team hosted by 6th-seed Sheboygan South, which defeated 11th-seeded Cedarburg 3-1 at the regional it hosted Feb. 14 in Sheboygan, but then lost the regional final to 3rd-seeded University School of Milwaukee 7-0 Feb. 17.
PHS finished 14th as a team at the Division 1 individual sectional held Feb. 18 in Slinger. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 132 pounds: Pablo Lopez (11-9) placed 4th
- 126 pounds: Will Birkholz (19-19)
- 138 pounds: Josh Koll (24-13)
- 152 pounds: Erik Ohman (17-7)
- 195 pounds: Jesse Schwarten (17-9)
Plymouth finished 7th at the Division 1 regional Feb. 11 at Hartford/Union. Competing for the Panthers were:
- 138 pounds: Josh Koll (24-12) placed 1st
- 132 pounds: Pablo Lopez (10-7) placed 2nd
- 195 pounds: Jesse Schwarten (17-8) placed 3rd
- 126 pounds: Will Birkholz (19-18) placed 4th
- 152 pounds: Erik Ohman (17-6) placed 4th
- 106 pounds: Jack Miller (9-17) placed 5th
- 182 pounds: Kyle Schwibinger (9-11) placed 6th
- 285 pounds: Gabe Haun (20-15) placed 6th
- 145 pounds: Nathan Francis (15-10)
- 170 pounds: Forrest Spring (10-23)
- 220 pounds: Jack Nytes (8-17)
The individual sectional will be Saturday, Feb. 18 in Slinger, and the Individual Wrestling Championship Tournament will be Feb. 23-25 in Madison.
The 2nd-seeded Panthers have a bye for the first round of Division 2 regionals on Tuesday, Feb. 21. They will host the winner of Kewaskum-West Bend East at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, with the regional final Saturday, Feb. 25. The first round of sectionals will be March 2, with the sectional final March 4. The Girls State Basketball Championships will be March 9-11 in Green Bay.
Division 2 regionals will be Tuesday, Feb. 28 and Friday, March 3, with the regional final Saturday, March 4. The first round of sectionals will be March 9 in Hartford, with the sectional final March 11 in Menasha. The Boys State Basketball Championships will be March 16-18 in Madison.
• View a photo gallery from the EWC Boys Swimming and Diving Championship Meet hosted by PHS.