Free, facilitated playgroups for children ages 2½ through 4 and their parents and/or caregivers are available each week in Plymouth.
Participants enjoy age-appropriate, theme-orientated activities involving learning, the development of fine and gross motor skills, and social interaction.
Thanks to collaboration between the Plymouth School District and the Family Resource Center, families can participate in:
- Little Learners: Children and caregivers play age-appropriate games, enjoy music and movement, and hear stories under the guidance of Ginger Boldt, an early childhood teacher in the Plymouth School District. Little Learners meets from 10 to 11 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Generations, 1500 Douglas Drive.
- Little Movers: Kids get to crawl, climb, push. pull, jump, and run on, around, and through all kinds of obstacles in this group facilitated by a physical therapist from Rehab Resources. Little Movers and their caregivers meet from 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month at Generations.
- Little Naturalists: Little ones and their caregivers are invited to explore, discover and connect to nature with their little ones. Activities are organized, but free time is available for letting nature be the guide. Little Naturalists meets with school nutrition and wellness coordinator Carrie Caselton Lowe from 10 to 11 a.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month (except April 26) at Meyer Nature Park. Little Naturalists is canceled only in extreme weather, so dress appropriately.
• View or download a flier about Little Learners, Little Movers and Little Naturalists.
• To register your child or for more information, call (920) 892-2225, Ext. 3512, or email Mrs. Boldt at email@example.com.