Families exploring their options through open enrollment are encouraged to consider the Plymouth School District, which is just the right size to offer personal attention along with a wealth of opportunities.
Our mission is to encourage everyone to see and be his/her personal best through successful learning experiences. Become your best!
Our Report Card
While Plymouth Schools see the value in standardized tests as one way to monitor progress, we gauge the success of our schools via many other important factors. We invite you to explore the eight categories of our District Report Card to see how an exciting mix of academics, extracurriculars, and other enriching experiences allow our students to truly thrive in school while preparing themselves to become their best in any path they choose after graduation.
Learn more: Explore our interactive District Report Card.
Our district consists of:
- Three traditional, neighborhood elementary schools for 4K through 4th grade, featuring hands-on curriculum aligned with the middle and high schools and an emphasis on whole-child wellness.
- Riverview Middle School, offering STEAM learning opportunities & a variety of extracurriculars to prepare those in grades 5-8 for high school.
- Plymouth Comprehensive High School, Celebrating 50 years of offering a wide range of opportunities for all students, whether their next step is college, technical school, the military or the workplace.
- An extensive Summer School, offering about 100 classes to keep kids thinking and exploring through the summer.
- A robust Community Education & Recreation program, to foster lifelong learning, offering dozens of recreation and wellness opportunities, and providing affordable, on-site child care for children 6 weeks old through 8th grade.
Our Pillars of Excellence
The Board of Education has identified the following as the key principles that distinguish our district and advance our mission:
- Academic Excellence for the 21st Century: Learning to apply knowledge and skills consistent with the ever-evolving 21st century
- Extracurricular Activities: Increasing extracurricular opportunities and participation
- Community Engagement: Increasing energy, pride, awareness, connection, and involvement
- Financial Responsibility: Improving the financial outlook while maximizing and maintaining available capacity
Learn more: Learn more about our Pillars of Excellence and view our strategic plans.
Learn more: Learn more about our values, with numerous examples.
- Comprehensive education: We work hard to prepare all graduates to pursue the next stage of their lives, whether they are bound for college, technical school, the military or the workforce.
- Innovation and collaboration: We partner with colleges, businesses and community organizations to create solutions.
- Extracurriculars: We offer a wide range of athletic, academic, arts & social opportunities to complement classroom learning.
- Wellness: We emphasize and enhance the health and well-being of the whole child.
About Open Enrollment
Wisconsin's inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents of children in kindergarten through 12th grade to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they reside. There is no tuition cost to parents who opt for open enrollment, though families may be charged the same fees as resident students. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from school.
The enrollment period in 2017 is from Monday, Feb. 6 to Friday, April 28. The state encourages online applications. Paper applications are available in the Plymouth School District office, which must be returned to the district office by April 30.
• Visit our Why Plymouth? section to further explore what the Plymouth School District offers.
• Visit the state’s open enrollment web site at http://dpi.wi.gov/open-enrollment
• Contact Anna Anderson at (920) 892-2661, Ext. 1005 to schedule a visit.