Lakeshore Technical College is offering several technology classes at Plymouth High School this winter.
The following classes will meet from 6 to 9 p.m. in the LTC-Plymouth Science and Technology Center at the school, located at 125 Highland Ave., unless otherwise noted:
- How to Use Your iPad: Find out how to set up an iTunes account, how to purchase apps, and how to customize features. Class 25960 will meet Mondays from Jan. 30 to Feb. 6; fee is $24.05 ($4.50 for those ages 62 and above).
- Computers: Excel 2013-Level 1: Focuses on the development of basic computer skills in Excel. Participants will create, edit and format an Excel spreadsheet. Class 25963 will meet Tuesdays from Jan. 31 to Feb. 7; fee is $30.55 (seniors $11), which includes a jump drive.
- Computers: Excel 2013-Level 2: Allows students to build more Excel knowledge and review on the skills learned in Level 1. Participants will concentrate on the development of formulas using relative and absolute referencing, the use of primary functions, and the creation of charts. Class 25964 will meet Tuesdays from Feb. 21 to 28; fee is $30.55 (seniors $11), which includes a jump drive.
- Computers: Word 2013-Level 1: Focuses on the development of basic computer skills in Word. Participants will create documents using Microsoft Word by inserting/deleting text, formatting text, setting line spacing, aligning documents, using templates, changing margins, and using the spelling/grammar function. Class 25967 will meet Mondays from March 13 to 20; fee is $30.55 (seniors $11), which includes a jump drive.
- Google Drive – Expanded: Teaches a slower-paced version of Google Drive with review, questions and further explanations on how to create and use a Google Drive account so one is able to store and access files and folders anywhere. Learn the basics of Google Docs, a free web-based office suite. Class 26031 will meet Wednesdays from March 8 to 15; fee is $24.05 (seniors $4.50).
• To register, call (888) 468-6582 or complete the registration form return it to LTC or to the Plymouth School District Community Education & Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School.
• View or download a complete guide to LTC personal enrichment classes this winter and spring.