Plymouth School District Community Education and Recreation is offering a Bake-and-Take Cooking Club and more Mural Masterpieces this winter.
Register by Jan. 20 and save $10 on the following, which meet at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.:
- Cooking Club - Take and Bake: Save time, bring friends, and gather in the PHS culinary arts kitchen to prepare meals to take home and bake later. All groceries and supplies provided for five meals serving 4-6 each. Class will meet with Jessica Mella, registered dietitian & nutritionist, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1; fee is $75 until Jan. 20, then $85.
- Mural Masterpieces: Students work together under the supervision of art teacher Field Lehmann to create a large theme-based mural for the school, plus a smaller one to take home. Class is open to any student in grades two through six, not just those at the host school. The next Mural Masterpieces will be from 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays from Feb. 1 to March 15 at Parkview Elementary School, 500 Parkview Drive; fee is $25 until Jan. 20, then $35. A second class will be offered on Tuesdays from April 4 to May 16 at Horizon Elementary School, 411 S. Highland Drive; fee is $25 until March 24, then $35.
There’s also still room in the following:
- Child Swim Lessons: Our experienced staff has 10 to 40+ years of experience teaching children to swim. We use the American Red Cross six comprehensive course levels. Children must be 50 inches tall and will be measured on or preferably before the first day of Level 1. Participants in all other levels must have passed the previous level. Classes meet Saturday mornings (times depend on the level) from Jan. 21 to March 25 (except Feb. 4 and 11); fee is $51.
- Adult Woodworking: This class is for those interested in working on wood-related projects of all types. New participants will work closely with instructor Ralph Gunkel to learn the concepts and tools of the trade, while completing personal projects big or small. Returning or experienced participants may use the facilities independently and receive assistance when necessary. Class will meet from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays from Jan. 25 to March 8; fee is $77 ($63 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up), plus the cost of materials for projects.
- Intro to Crochet I: Learn basic techniques and the most common stitches, and gain experience reading a pattern. Take home a lovely scarf created by you. Class will meet with instructor Sharon Schlundt from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays from Jan. 26 to Feb. 23 (except Feb. 9); fee is $45 (seniors $38), plus supplies.
- SCUBA: Those ages 10 and up can try SCUBA in the safety of the PHS pool. All equipment, supervision and pool time included. Class will meet with recreation coordinator Clayton Moore and Port Deco Divers from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28; fee is $46 (seniors $38) until Jan. 13.
- Kayaking: Those ages 6 and up can experience this great recreational activity in the PHS pool. Kayaks (weight limit 250 pounds), paddles and life preservers provided. Class will meet with instructor Andrew Arentsen from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28; fee is $30 (seniors $26) until Jan. 13.
• Register online; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Winter/Spring 2017 course guide.
• Visit our new Facebook page, where we will be sharing information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email email@example.com or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.